The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 82 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,090
Posts1,056,378
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1131708 10/28/2015 2:28 PM
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 2
Y
Moderated
Moderated
Y Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 2
Hi guys. have myself a couple of 292 I-6 GM engines. one in a 1981 C20 truck with a grain bed body and another in a 1974 John Deere combine.

Came here looking for info on the "industrial" engine that would be used in my John Deere 4400 combine. Single barrel carb, the advertised power is 95 Hp (lower than most automotive applications for the 292, assuming it was built for low-end torque rather than higher RPM power, which is good). What all is different ? cam ? I believe the industrial also used a different crank flange because instead of an automotive clutch it accepted a bearing box/shaft to drive all the power shafts, belts, pumps etc on the combine. If anyone can direct me to more info on the INDUSTRIAL versions (like where to get a reman), that would be great.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
YooHoss, welcome to the Stovebolt. Best site on the web for old Chevy trucks and GMC's.

Since this is the welcome centre you probably won't get many responses here as not everyone that visits comes through here.

I see you did post your question in the Engine Forum which is the right/best place. As you see, we have lots of forums and for best results always pick the garage forum related to what you doing.
Good luck on you project.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 5
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 5
Yoo Hoss, I too am from NW Ohio. Swanton area. Hope to get my two trucks posted soon ( with a little help from my kids on how to use computers).


1968 C30 1 Ton
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
looks like you guys can have a gabfest. I'm sure there are more close by! Keep up the good work and good luck on the projects.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome YooHoss, interesting info about the combine application. I remember that the Allis-Chalmers combines (Gleaners) also used Chevy sixes. I thought that they were 250 engines. Sorry I don't have any documentation whether they were actually 250s or possibly 292s.


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0