The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Otto Skorzeny, J Lucas, dt235sd, Cosmo, jeffreyguy, Charles in CA, LAROKE), 132 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,221
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
B
Sir Searchalot
Sir Searchalot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
Anybody use the Eastwood or other punch-a-can spay 2K colors. What's you opinion? I know about the shelf life and the price. How about the results? They seem to mostly push the clear? Why don't they talk colors much?


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,901
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,901
I've watched this poor orphan of a thread just sit here for a day now Bartamos... Is it cause no one has tried them or no one thinks it's worth the time or expense?
Personally I looked at spray can prices when I first got my truck and after a quick calculation I immediately picked up a cheapo HF gun and a quart of paint for my frame. I only consider spray bombs for small unrelated projects or to match a scratched up rubber baby bumper. I mean modern day automotive collision protection device. dang

If money is no concern then I suppose they are OK but I still believe the quality is less than optimal regardless of how they market it.


Give me ambiguity
or give me something else
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 924
U
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
U Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 924
I am fabricating a simple-bend 16 ga. metal hood for my small John Deere mower. GT242 model; the hoods originally came in plastic & last about 2-10 years. They are $300+ to purchase, so I am making one out of material I have.

Find the 2k spray can in John Deere green & I'll try it out.

Brad


Wrench Fetcher, PhD
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
B
Sir Searchalot
Sir Searchalot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
It's just the quantities you have to buy of 2 parts, the mess, the reseal, need a compressor, the gun and cleaning it. I would not do a whole truck but I'll bet you could and cheaper. Even at $25 at can. A compressor is $900. I've seen some "semi-reasonable" rattle can/rustoleum jobs. But a 2K? Groovy strong paint. Probably water base is a good choice in the future/now. Less mess, less toxic/none. Just need some heat lamps and a different technique of spraying.
Thanks for the responces guys.
I have done a few frames with rustoleum semi gloss. Not bad. Clean some, spray some. Lots of trouble to do it that way with a gun.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Like Bart, I did my 37 chassis in 1997 with the Rustoleum and it still looks good today. About two years ago I went to tractor supply and purchased a few cans of the John Deere green and painted a Kerosene tank that sits in front of my shop. It still looks great today.
....I guess we just have to look at the "wide" picture when deciding.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
I have a can of the 2k from Eastwood. Seemed like a good way to handle small jobs at the time. I haven't used it yet. One of the problems is that you have to use it right away once you start using it. Had I known that, I wouldn't have bothered with it.

Dennis


40 Chevy 1/2 ton
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
B
Sir Searchalot
Sir Searchalot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
Yes pot life is 2-3 days. But a HVLP cup may be worse. All depends on the amount you need. Very few colors but I will probably try the primer gray.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 338
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 338
The product inside the 2K can is same as 2K urethane clear or primer. You get what you pay for. Very high build primer that sands very nice and a clear that has UV protection.


~~ Darcy

1959 GMC 9310 Canadian- built Shortbox Fleetside Deluxe
FootStomper
In the Stovebolt Gallery
In the Project Journals Forum

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0