The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (55shaker, 50Chevy3100, Perro), 88 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,695
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1125284 09/21/2015 5:01 AM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 6
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 6
Hi Guys,

I have a GMC that was my dad's. It has been sitting for around 30 years and I don't know much about it. I have to find the title so that I can get the VIN and look it up. Sadly i am about 3000 miles away from the truck, so getting more into is hard. Right now it is a camper, but the house is in bad shape and will be coming off before I transport it across the country to start getting it running and using it. I have added a link to a picture, If anyone can help me identify it from this, that would be great. Thank you.

picture



Last edited by Peggy M; 09/21/2015 10:42 PM.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome Lukifer, the link didn't open for me. We have a number of very loyal GMC addicts here, I'm sure this can be figured out. Good luck with bringing her home.
Leo

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270

Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 6
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 6
Cool, thanks for the info. as soon as I find the title I will look up the numbers.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Lukifer, just a note about further information. Not everyone stops by here in the Welcome Centre so on future questions it would be to your advantage to post questions in the most appropriate forum for max results.......however, on your question above our resident "star" Tim, has already come to the rescue. Thanks Tim and good luck Lukifer.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 6
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 6
Thanks for the advice, after soon as i find the title and know what the truck is i will be able to add questions in the correct places.

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,989
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,989
I'd guess your truck to be in the '41 - '46 range. I think it's really cool! Good luck getting it home, and keep us posted.
And welcome to the Bolt!


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 6
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 6
Thanks Rich, I think it is a 46. but do not know if it is bigger or smaller than 1 ton. it has 6 lugs, does that help?


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0