The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (klhansen, Ponchogl, 1955 1 Series, tclederman, Otto Skorzeny, 55shaker, Bill Hanlon, 1 invisible), 133 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,104
Posts1,056,201
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1114651 07/20/2015 2:46 AM
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 3
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 3
I'm glad to be part of the group! I've been on as a visitor for a couple of years, but never joined. I'm the proud owner of my grandpa's 1948 two ton. It means the world to me to have his truck! I'm planning to keep it in original condition. It runs and drives almost as good as the day he picked it up. I look forward to getting to know you better! I'll post a picture if I can figure that part out!

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Where are you in NC, Reds 48? Welcome to Stovebolt.com.

I am in the year-long process of moving to the east coast (Jarvisburg).

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome to the Bolt Reds 48. Sounds like your grandpa took very good care of your new prize possession. We have a forum her for the BIG BOLTS so be sure to check in there.
I'm just across the state line. You close to Spartanburg?


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 3
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 3
I'm just outside of Wilmington Nc. I do pass through Spartanburg from time to time. We love going to the mountains! My grandpa did take good care of this truck. He owned a GMC dealership in Utah. (Both the truck and I are from Utah.) He had this truck as a delivery vehicle for his welding shop. I've always loved trucks. One day I called my aunt who had taken the shop over. I asked if I could buy one of grandpa's old trucks from her. She told me that I could have it!(This was the only truck they had left.) It made my day! I arranged for a lowboy to pick it up a few weeks later. I had it the next week. I've used it to haul hay, poles and a couple other small loads. It's a fun one to take on date night with my wife too! I am going to have to do a few things to it, but I want to keep it as close to original as I can. I'll have to check out the big bolts too!

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Reds 48, my father in law lives in Shallotte which is not far from Wilmington. We just took him back home this weekend. If you pass thru Spartanburg give me a shout. Hot dogs and Pepsi on me.

What part of Utah you from? Have a sister in law that lives in Mt. Pleasant. Ialso have kinfolks in Provo and Orem.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 3
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 3
That's amazing! I'm from the provo/Orem area originally. I know right where shallotte is too! I almost went to look at a 72 I found for sale down there this week. Thanks! I'll have to take you up on that hotdog and Pepsi deal!

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 134
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 134
Welcome to the Bolt.


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0