The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (TUTS 59, Shof, Ponchogl, Jon G), 172 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,157
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1114217 07/17/2015 7:27 AM
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 5
Z
New Guy
New Guy
Z Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 5
Hi,
My name is Troy and I appreciate this site. In truth, the parts section attracted my Google search. I'm so glad it did! After a few hours on the search engine, all my questions now have several answers.
I just picked up a '55 3100. It was someones project done wrong. (Rust coming through the primer) But most of the body is good so it's already at the painters.
In '85, my father and I put a '59 together for my younger brother. He retired from farming last year and is driving mom nuts. So...
We're going to build a driver. C4, LS, 16s, tank relocate, buckets, air. My wife wants me to "build" a Cameo she saw. :dang: (I let her paint it.) Wish me luck!
Have a nice day.

Zesty #1114256 07/17/2015 3:19 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Hi Zesty and welcome. Lots of knowledge here, if you need anything else just ask. It's always good when the wife is onside with the project. Good luck with your project and maybe let us see what you're working with.
Leo

Leo #1114446 07/18/2015 6:27 PM
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 5
Z
New Guy
New Guy
Z Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 5
Hi Leo,
Thanks for the welcome!
I agree, this site is quite a database. I really like the diversity, in that, my perception is expanded by others experience and idea.
I'm unsure how to post pictures. It appears I must procure a host site?
Have a great weekend everyone!

Zesty #1114502 07/19/2015 1:58 AM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Zesty, welcome to the Stovebolt Page. You'll find plenty of help in the garage forums from the tribal elders and folks who have "been there and done that" and most of all willing to share what they have learned themselves.
I'd bet there are other Stovebolters close by so watch for them. They're here!
Good luck and be sure to check out the tech tips, gallery and even start your very own "build" over in the DIY Forum where you can add stuff as you go along and folks can read and keep up with your progress.
The only thing to watch for is..... well, your next project smile


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 5
Z
New Guy
New Guy
Z Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 5
Hello Achipmunk,
Thank you for the welcome!
I've seen your handiwork all over this place. It's generous of you (and others) to take the time you have in order to make this site as comprehensive as it is.
Thanks again, Troy.

Zesty #1114524 07/19/2015 4:38 AM
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 5
Z
New Guy
New Guy
Z Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 5


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0