| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (2-Ton, Bill Hanlon),
82
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,142 Posts1,056,485 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2015 Posts: 9 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2015 Posts: 9 | Just purchased a 54 2Ton 6100 Stake bed. Needs tires and apparently the drum brake springs on the rear broke. Still have to figure out my rim situation. I've read the tire and rim post and hopefully I will figure out which rims I have this week. So much great info on here! Thanks for sharing it!! | | | | | Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 99 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 99 | That's a great looking truck. Welcome.
Geo | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 | Looks to be a great time capsule of a truck, welcome to the bolt! | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 | Nice looking truck. Looks alittle long to be a 6100. Has the frame been lengthened, or does it have the wrong emblems. A 6100 series will have a 137in. wheelbase, a 6400 will have a 161in. wheelbase.
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2015 Posts: 9 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2015 Posts: 9 | Spanky, I will look into it. To measure the wheelbase, will I have to measure from the center of the wheels? I will also check the frame. Thanks. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2015 Posts: 9 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2015 Posts: 9 | Thanks CmdrGeo and Brad. I couldn't believe it was in such great shape. It spent almost its whole life in west texas as a grain truck which would explain the lack of rust.
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2015 Posts: 9 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2015 Posts: 9 | Spanky, I guess the emblems are wrong it has the 161" wheelbase. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 | Yeah, I thought so. I'd have to find a nice set of 6400 emblems for it. Great truck.
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 1,159 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 1,159 | Welcome to the "Bolt"! I sent you a P.M. | | |
| |
| |