The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (DadsFirstPickup, Rusted Nut), 78 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,075
Posts1,056,279
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1108918 06/18/2015 6:26 AM
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 9
N
New Guy
New Guy
N Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 9
Just purchased a 54 2Ton 6100 Stake bed. Needs tires and apparently the drum brake springs on the rear broke. Still have to figure out my rim situation. I've read the tire and rim post and hopefully I will figure out which rims I have this week. So much great info on here! Thanks for sharing it!!

Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 99
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 99
That's a great looking truck. Welcome.

Geo

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
Looks to be a great time capsule of a truck, welcome to the bolt!

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
Nice looking truck. Looks alittle long to be a 6100. Has the frame been lengthened, or does it have the wrong emblems. A 6100 series will have a 137in. wheelbase, a 6400 will have a 161in. wheelbase.


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 9
N
New Guy
New Guy
N Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 9
Spanky, I will look into it. To measure the wheelbase, will I have to measure from the center of the wheels? I will also check the frame. Thanks.

Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 9
N
New Guy
New Guy
N Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 9
Thanks CmdrGeo and Brad. I couldn't believe it was in such great shape. It spent almost its whole life in west texas as a grain truck which would explain the lack of rust.

Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 9
N
New Guy
New Guy
N Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 9
Spanky, I guess the emblems are wrong it has the 161" wheelbase.

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
Yeah, I thought so. I'd have to find a nice set of 6400 emblems for it. Great truck.



Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,159
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,159
Welcome to the "Bolt"! I sent you a P.M.


Just sold: 1955 2nd Series 6500 2-Ton Flatbed Truck
Mo' Tater
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pics and videos on Photobucket

It takes an awful big dog to weigh a ton.

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0