The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Wheelie, tclederman, Woodcmiami), 113 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1103536 05/19/2015 6:29 AM
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 27
R
RJD
Offline
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 27
if you have to ask where doodah is, you havent been there.

I am a father/husband/engineer/program manager in the air capital, I started out in minitrucks years ago and that kept me away from booze and street pharmaceuticals growing up.

I have three current trucks, a 1965 c10 swb bbw, a 1949 3600 and a 1947 gmc 150.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welcome to the bolt doodah, uh, I mean RJD smile
Glad to have you aboard and with your knowledge I'm sure you can contribute a lot to the Stovebolt. The 65 has always been a favorite of mine since I worked at the Chevy place while in high school. Post up some pics when you can and post questions you may have in the garage forums and let us help you out.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
RJD #1103656 05/20/2015 12:10 AM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome RJD, isn't the air capital Wichita? My friend has a son working there for Boeing. But I thought they called it Cowtown.

Looks like a nice fleet, are they all roadworthy? Need to see some pics, as Alvin mentions.

Leo

RJD #1103659 05/20/2015 12:17 AM
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 27
R
RJD
Offline
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 27
yes, wichita is the air capital! cowtown is a museum downtown, that as long as I have lived here I have only been to twice!

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
Welcome to the Bolt! Sounds like you have a nice fleet of trucks.


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 27
R
RJD
Offline
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 27
thanks. the 65 is my daily driver. the 47 and 49 are being worked on.

here is a picture of the 65.

65 C10

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
RJD, you may want to start a thread in the DIY Forum where you can keep us up to date on your builds as you go along. Its the easy way to keep track of what your doing and we can follow along...and of course you can ask all the questions you want in the garage forums. I for one like to read and keep up with whats going on. Different ways to do things. As the Stovebolt slogan says "Knowledge is the Best Resource".
Thanks for the picture.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 27
R
RJD
Offline
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 27
Thanks, I will start a project thread on the GMC in a bit. the 65 is all done except the bed floor and some other little things, and the 49 is just blown apart currently.

RJD #1104223 05/23/2015 12:16 AM
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
Welcome to another Getz fan. Retired from engr. at the lazy B, as was my dad.


Fred
52 3600
69 C-10
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Originally Posted by RJD
if you have to ask where doodah is, you havent been there.
.
.
I haven't been there, but I do know the location of the "Peerless Princess of the Plains".

Joined: May 2014
Posts: 27
R
RJD
Offline
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 27
ahhh I miss bobs column.

funny you mention the princess, tc, most people only know of the keeper of the plains. I spent a lot of riverfests walking by the princess and the keeper.

RJD #1104598 05/24/2015 11:09 PM
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,399
D
Gas Pumper
Gas Pumper
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,399
The only reason I visit Wichita as often as I do is for Harbor Freight on S Seneca, and Northern Tool on Dugan. Then I go to the Big Tool Store in Derby. Abuelos might get me there on occasion. Welcome!


Deve

1950 Chevy 3100 Deluxe Cab
1950 Chevy 3100 Standard Cab
In the Stovebolt Gallery
The Think Tank
More info and tips at Deve's Technet
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 27
R
RJD
Offline
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 27
surely there is more to see and do in wichita than carboard freight! I live by the WSU campus and sometimes I just go cruising through on my way to riverside park and the boathouse on the arkansas. I like abuelos too, but I have spent years searching out the hole-in-the-wall places like n&j and saigon!


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0