Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,277 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2014 Posts: 27 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2014 Posts: 27 | if you have to ask where doodah is, you havent been there.
I am a father/husband/engineer/program manager in the air capital, I started out in minitrucks years ago and that kept me away from booze and street pharmaceuticals growing up.
I have three current trucks, a 1965 c10 swb bbw, a 1949 3600 and a 1947 gmc 150. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Welcome to the bolt doodah, uh, I mean RJD  Glad to have you aboard and with your knowledge I'm sure you can contribute a lot to the Stovebolt. The 65 has always been a favorite of mine since I worked at the Chevy place while in high school. Post up some pics when you can and post questions you may have in the garage forums and let us help you out. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | Welcome RJD, isn't the air capital Wichita? My friend has a son working there for Boeing. But I thought they called it Cowtown.
Looks like a nice fleet, are they all roadworthy? Need to see some pics, as Alvin mentions.
Leo | | | | | Joined: May 2014 Posts: 27 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2014 Posts: 27 | yes, wichita is the air capital! cowtown is a museum downtown, that as long as I have lived here I have only been to twice! | | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,987 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,987 | Welcome to the Bolt! Sounds like you have a nice fleet of trucks. | | | | | Joined: May 2014 Posts: 27 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2014 Posts: 27 | thanks. the 65 is my daily driver. the 47 and 49 are being worked on. here is a picture of the 65. 65 C10 | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | RJD, you may want to start a thread in the DIY Forum where you can keep us up to date on your builds as you go along. Its the easy way to keep track of what your doing and we can follow along...and of course you can ask all the questions you want in the garage forums. I for one like to read and keep up with whats going on. Different ways to do things. As the Stovebolt slogan says "Knowledge is the Best Resource". Thanks for the picture. | | | | | Joined: May 2014 Posts: 27 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2014 Posts: 27 | Thanks, I will start a project thread on the GMC in a bit. the 65 is all done except the bed floor and some other little things, and the 49 is just blown apart currently. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 2,773 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 2,773 | Welcome to another Getz fan. Retired from engr. at the lazy B, as was my dad.
Fred 52 3600 69 C-10
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | if you have to ask where doodah is, you havent been there. . . I haven't been there, but I do know the location of the "Peerless Princess of the Plains". | | | | | Joined: May 2014 Posts: 27 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2014 Posts: 27 | ahhh I miss bobs column.
funny you mention the princess, tc, most people only know of the keeper of the plains. I spent a lot of riverfests walking by the princess and the keeper. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2000 Posts: 3,399 Gas Pumper | | Gas Pumper Joined: Dec 2000 Posts: 3,399 | The only reason I visit Wichita as often as I do is for Harbor Freight on S Seneca, and Northern Tool on Dugan. Then I go to the Big Tool Store in Derby. Abuelos might get me there on occasion. Welcome!
| | | | | Joined: May 2014 Posts: 27 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2014 Posts: 27 | surely there is more to see and do in wichita than carboard freight! I live by the WSU campus and sometimes I just go cruising through on my way to riverside park and the boathouse on the arkansas. I like abuelos too, but I have spent years searching out the hole-in-the-wall places like n&j and saigon! | | |
| |