The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Wheelie, tclederman, Woodcmiami), 113 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 236
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 236
view of 48
I bought this over a year back at a auction in Seattle area. I was told it came from a dealers back field in Nebraska along with a dozen other cars and truck. It looked like a fair candidate for refreshing and getting back driving.
It made it down the Yuma AZ last fall and I have now started the painful part of finding the bad stuff.
The 216 does a partial turn but hits stoppers from full turn over. Transmission and clutch was pulled (in case they were stoppers) trans very good, but clutch is shot. I just picked up a nice 235 (1959) which will be the new standing for the 216. cancer rust is minimal and in easy to deal with areas, dent a plenty but time will cure those. Original color maroon is my plan to get back to. I am fighting to keep the 8lug 3 section split rims and use bias tires. But concerns on brake up grade options will have a major play in that plan.

More to come as progress can be made.
I am limited to working a few days here and there as my chemo treatments and wife's Parkinson slow life way down.

Last edited by Peggy M; 05/08/2025 4:42 PM.

Baking in the nice desert sun, breathing life back into a 48 3800 5 window.
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
Welcome to the Bolt!
Looks like you've got quite a project there. Lots of good advice here.
That didn't happen to come from the Lambrecht sale in Nebraska did it? There was quite a bit of interesting stuff there.


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 236
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 236
Rich

not sure of which sale in Nebraska, I just lucked out when I was up visiting my son for a week end in Mount Vernon Wa. we spotted a car auction. The person who bought a group of cars and trucks in Nebraska was forced to sell them at auction in Mount Vernon.
Just shows one never knows when and where one will stumble onto a project.


Baking in the nice desert sun, breathing life back into a 48 3800 5 window.
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 236
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 236
Well after three days tied up in chemo and then a week of aches and pains recovery, I got my first time to do some work in two weeks.
The 216 still in the truck but transmission was pulled and clean but after two weeks is rusty again.
My plans to build an adapter for my engine stand to hold the transmission for cleaning, refreshing gaskets and any bad parts is still on hold. BUt maybe tomorrow I will bend some bars for the mount bracket and weld them up.

Today was warm out but I had to get one front hub pulled. I had to see how the new disc brake conversion fit up.
But like life snags and disruptions slowed things down a bit. A 60+ year old rusty truck has its cancer also. I tried to remove the drum from front hub but the two screws are stuck. I managed to get the drum and hub off as one piece so now can work at the screws on the bench.
Thinking I was moving along and went to pull the backing plate and spindle off the truck for refurb left me stuck again the four blots for backing plate one had to be stuck. Beating, impact wrench, breakfree, crow bar and still stuck.
At last my energy runs low the temperature runs high and now it will wait till tomorrow (I hope).

Way to many frozen bolts and screws.

Maybe I will sell that old 26 dodge that I was planning to make a rat rod out of, as bad as this is, it has to be worse.


Oh I do so get a kick out of the old ball bearing for the wheel hubs.


Baking in the nice desert sun, breathing life back into a 48 3800 5 window.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
48c3600, at least your pecking away at it. I've always said at least 15 minutes a day and it'll amaze someone how much you'll accomplish. To get the screws out of the drum/hub I soak them with Kroil over night and use an impact screwdriver. I hit it the first time "tightening" the screw and then a few whacks losing it usually gets them. In the end, maybe a little heat from a torch...or even a small propane tank will sometimes make the difference.
......sometimes the journey is long but there are always some interesting things along the way.
Hope your feeling better. Let us know when/how we can help.

...just remember to ask questions in the most appropriate forums for the best results/views/opinions and help in general.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0