The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (baldeagle), 158 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,241
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1099411 04/25/2015 10:09 PM
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 9
E
New Guy
New Guy
E Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 9
Hello everybody,
My name is Luke and i recently became the owner of a 1948 Chevrolet Thriftmaster 1 ton truck. All original but no bed. Just wanted to drop by and introduce myself. I am gonna start a thread about the truck in the tons o fun forum where i will go into more detail about the story of my truck. And get some pictures loaded up. Thanks for having me!

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Welcome Luke! What part of the sunflower state are you from?


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
ezlle71 #1099564 04/26/2015 10:18 PM
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 9
E
New Guy
New Guy
E Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 9
I live in Junction City, grew up on a farm just east of town here. Still farm with my dad on the side. How about you Tiny?

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Luke, welcome to the world of Stovebolts. Great folks here and tons of knowledge. Just ask questions in the garage forums and let us help.....Good luck.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 321
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 321
Welcome Luke from the land of salt and rust (upstate NY)...my son has lived out in Northeast Kansas since 2003 and he loves it out there and I do too. He is the Lawrence area. Love the sky lines and friendly folks out there.

Hope your truck is fun to putter around with.

MikeC


1951 Chevy 3800 1-Ton
Howard Knapp
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1948 Chevy 1-Ton (sold Nov 2017)
1953 Chevy 1-Ton (sold 10/1/2016)
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Originally Posted by ezlle71
I live in Junction City, grew up on a farm just east of town here. Still farm with my dad on the side. How about you Tiny?
We live a tad North of Ark City. I lived in JC for almost a year back in '73 & worked as a cop. Nothing personal but WAY too much politics involved in that town. I even got in trouble once for writing the main pimp in town a speeding ticket.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 9
E
New Guy
New Guy
E Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 9
Thank you guys really means alot. I hold no grudge against ya Tiny!! You are exactly right still a lot of politics in the police and municipal side of JC. I was born and raised here so i guess i am conditioned to it. I am so excited to get to work on this old truck. I am working on getting some picture loaded up as we speak.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Luke, you may want to stay you a thread in the DIY Forum where you can go and add to it as you progress on your build. A lot of us like to read about the "journey" and follow along as you work.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 35
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 35
Hey Luke-
Pretty new here myself and near Albert, KS. Tons of info here to help you with your tonner. Great bunch of folks with vast knowledge! You've definitely hit the right place.

Regards,
Mike Burgess
Albert, KS


Three Little Words that gets a man in trouble fastest..."Ran when parked"
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 791
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 791
Welcome Luke, from one Luke to another! Stovebolters are THE best! This group of guys (and gals) has been a tremendous help to me. You will learn a lot here and make new friends. Best wishes!

LUKE


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0