| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
128
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,077 Posts1,056,280 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2015 Posts: 3 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2015 Posts: 3 | New to this site, I have a 51 Chevy 2 ton with a dump bed that my construction company uses as a trash truck. The 1953 235ci just is not cutting it at 8000 ft of elevation in the Colorado Mountains. I just picked up a 350 and The plan is to swap engines but leave the existing transmission. The clutch, tranny, e-brake and PTO all work fine and I don't want to mess with that end of It. I have been told by some friends that If I go with a pre 1964 bellhousing that it is a clean swap. Does anyone know if the trans can stay in the same position without modifying the firewall (does the distributor fit?), and I have been reading about moving the steering box slightly in lighter duty trucks, I assume it will be tighter on this truck. Has anybody out there done this swap? Chris | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Chris, since this is the welcome Centre I'm moving your post to the BIG BOLT Forum as your truck is a 2 ton and perhaps the guys there can help you. Since your doing some modifications you may find some answers in the Hi Po Forum as well. I'm sure there are guys who can help.
Welcome to the Stovebolt and good luck on your project. | | |
| |
| |