The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Southerntruck, Hush), 150 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,114
Posts1,056,287
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1097264 04/13/2015 11:46 PM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 144
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 144
I need to replace the top cowl vent drain hose since mine is cracked and split. Is there a trick to replacing one like some type of lubricant that won't affect the rubber hose? I tried reversing the "old" hose and try the "unbroken end but it is like trying to get a noodle up a wild cat's rear. Ugh! Logic says to have someone push from engine compartment while someone guide from under the dash. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by John Hill; 04/13/2015 11:46 PM.

"It wasn't broke but I still decided to fix it. Now its broke"
I really love my coon hounds
Pics at http://s982.photobucket.com/albums/...0truck/53%20Chevy%20truck%20Sept%202010/
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
It really is not too bad to install. Make sure you get the usual 1" long crusty piece removed underneath as seen here (you can also see how far on it goes).
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/13115851445/in/set-72157631868452754
Use some personal lubricant or similar and set it as shown here if you want it "factory."
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/8129474877/in/set-72157631868452754

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Complete agreement with Brad's post (as usual) - worked well on multiple trucks for me. Use non-scented cheapest personal lubricant (Walmart, CVS, non-name brand).

Also I attach a detachable extension hose that goes down to below the block on the driver's side. That way, water exits below the block. You can easily remove the extension hose at a show. A tapered nylon/plastic hose connector is available at any hardware store.

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 144
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 144
That worked and stopped the leak there at the hose but I need to re-adjust the vent cover to seal down better.
Thanks
John


"It wasn't broke but I still decided to fix it. Now its broke"
I really love my coon hounds
Pics at http://s982.photobucket.com/albums/...0truck/53%20Chevy%20truck%20Sept%202010/

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0