The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Gdads51, TUTS 59, 55shaker, MikeStone1953, Wally / Montana), 138 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,258
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 144
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 144
Can anyone tell me the correct machine screw size and length for the screws and nuts for the vent cowl hinges on a '53 3600?
Thanks


"It wasn't broke but I still decided to fix it. Now its broke"
I really love my coon hounds
Pics at http://s982.photobucket.com/albums/...0truck/53%20Chevy%20truck%20Sept%202010/
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
Are you refering to these screws?
...pic...

The one with the brass nut( not original)

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 144
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 144
Yes.
John


"It wasn't broke but I still decided to fix it. Now its broke"
I really love my coon hounds
Pics at http://s982.photobucket.com/albums/...0truck/53%20Chevy%20truck%20Sept%202010/
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
Ok, what I found on my 50 was a 10/32 x 5/8 long screw/ nut/ washer

On left in this pic
...pic...
...pic...

But I some how misplaced 3 of them

So I went back in with the 10/24 screw and brass nut you see in the pic above


Joined: May 2010
Posts: 144
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 144
Great! thanks
John


"It wasn't broke but I still decided to fix it. Now its broke"
I really love my coon hounds
Pics at http://s982.photobucket.com/albums/...0truck/53%20Chevy%20truck%20Sept%202010/
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
I'm not positive as I'm relying on memory....but didn't the original's have a "square" that fit in the square holes so it wouldn't spin when tightening them up? I think I got some from Ace hardware that fit the square hole but I don't have a picture of it.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0