| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (baldeagle),
158
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,241 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2010 Posts: 144 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2010 Posts: 144 | Can anyone tell me the correct machine screw size and length for the screws and nuts for the vent cowl hinges on a '53 3600? Thanks | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 | Are you refering to these screws? ...pic... The one with the brass nut( not original) | | | | | Joined: May 2010 Posts: 144 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2010 Posts: 144 | | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 | Ok, what I found on my 50 was a 10/32 x 5/8 long screw/ nut/ washer On left in this pic ...pic... ...pic... But I some how misplaced 3 of them So I went back in with the 10/24 screw and brass nut you see in the pic above | | | | | Joined: May 2010 Posts: 144 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2010 Posts: 144 | | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | I'm not positive as I'm relying on memory....but didn't the original's have a "square" that fit in the square holes so it wouldn't spin when tightening them up? I think I got some from Ace hardware that fit the square hole but I don't have a picture of it. | | |
| |
| |