The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (MNSmith, 1955 1 Series, Otto Skorzeny, CandoBrent, GrandpasJimmy, Shaffer's1950, 78buckshot), 73 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,077
Posts1,056,280
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 186
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 186
hey guys...

Took my truck apart going on 8 years ago, finally getting around to getting the glass put back in. I had forgotten that the window channels/glass supports didn't match for the doors until recently.

One looks like this (I assume this to be the correct one)
http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/...C-4371-B5E1-7EC310AB9087_zpsfz0mo5lw.jpg

And one like this
http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/...2-4B5F-B9A0-147D88CBA9C2_zpsjgsvou1n.jpg

I guess my question is a few parts
- what is the proper name for this part? Hard to start looking for one when your not sure what its called
- does anyone have a schematic of the door assembly?
- are these reversible, one part for both the left and the right door?

My appologies for the dumb questions
Thanks guys

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,901
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,901
I really hate it when Photo bucket links screw Chrome up so bad I have to close the whole program down and restart... Sorry, just had to vent that. Anybody else have a browser that crashes from PBucket?


Give me ambiguity
or give me something else
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
Originally Posted by CORPO
hey guys...

Took my truck apart going on 8 years ago, finally getting around to getting the glass put back in. I had forgotten that the window channels/glass supports didn't match for the doors until recently.

One looks like this (I assume this to be the correct one)
http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/...C-4371-B5E1-7EC310AB9087_zpsfz0mo5lw.jpg

And one like this
http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/...2-4B5F-B9A0-147D88CBA9C2_zpsjgsvou1n.jpg

I guess my question is a few parts
- what is the proper name for this part? Hard to start looking for one when your not sure what its called
- does anyone have a schematic of the door assembly?
- are these reversible, one part for both the left and the right door?

My appologies for the dumb questions
Thanks guys

TTT

Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 186
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 186
Are you guys not able to see the photos?

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Well, I see a photo but it doesn't look like a regulator to me. I expected it to look something like my 37's. The pics look like something your fabrication......am I blind or seeing/imagining things?? Maybe I need help too. LOL


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 186
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 186
Well part of my issue is im not sure what the correct part name is.

It is the part that the glass mounts in, it has a track that works with the window regulator to raise and lower the glass...

Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 186
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 186
Well after some google-ing.. i guess it is just called a glass channel or a window regulator bracket???

this is what i am talking about.. but for a 1936 truck...

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo291/mack1416/glass%20chanel_zpspnydivbh.jpg


Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
corpo, give JimCarter a call. He has a back yard full of used doors, fenders, and other stuff as well as a basement full of used parts. I'd bet he has glass channel your looking for.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 186
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 186
My dad allready gave them a call, no luck...

The search continues!


Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0