The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
12 members (Rusty Heaps, MickeyP, 3B, pauld, Forty9, bluechev, Otto Skorzeny, FAST55, Ole49GMC, 37 GC, BC59, 1 invisible), 120 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,628
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
Just caught an episode of Americarna. Ray Evernham visiting Graceland checking our Elvis cars. Turns out Elvis kept an old 48 Chevy Panel 3800 ( 1 ton ? ), six cylinder , 4 speed in the back. When pressure got too much, he would put on a big coat and hat, and take his old truck out the back way to escape. They still have the truck there. Pretty shabby looking, but cool thing was Elvis could not remember frequencies of his favourite radio stations so he scratched them into the dash. I guess before he became famous, he drove a similar delivery truck for a Memphis electrical contractor.


1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 8
E
'Bolter
'Bolter
E Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 8
http://www.rodauthority.com/news/video-elvis-secret-chevy-panel-van-uncovered/

Skip to the 3:00 mark to get to the Elvis Panel. Good stuff!

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
I was amazed at the guy who showed it to Everham when he said the panel was so rare since it was a one ton... and that he had checked the internet and had found only ONE other one ton! In another thread here I believe someone also noted, or thought the engine was not the original. The valve cover looked like a later model but I didn't catch the view of the engine side cover.
Hey, after all, its TV!!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
I will bow to the experts as to what motor is in there. As to rarity, didn't 3B have one at his place last summer ?


1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
My dad had one as well. It was a delivery van from the department store where he worked. He cut windows in it and put wooden benches in. He took me to school for my very first day in that truck and I still recall wrapping my arms around the wooden benches hanging on so tightly so I would not have to school. That I think was the start of my academic education. Never liked school as I always had better things to do.


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 18
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 18
I noticed that the hood ornament on Elvice's panel is the same as the one on my pickup. Yes elvis is alive & well in Rosedale!

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 843
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 843
hahaha


Moderated by  Gord&Fran 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0