The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Ponchogl, Bill Hanlon, Southerntruck, Otto Skorzeny, 1955 1 Series, 1 invisible), 124 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1095460 04/04/2015 2:43 PM
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 5
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 5
Hi All,
Have been lurking on and off while checking out pics to convince mmissus on the what I was after.
Anyway just got hold of a '42 3/4 ton stakebed pick up all complete a little rough round the edges but hey that's what a project is all about, now I can't say a 100% but pressume it is an Aussie version due to the side vents in front of doors.
Once I get it home will post a pic or 2, then the choice is what direction to go, rat rod, full custom, or original?
Just a quick question will a Maple leaf grille fit a 3/4 ton pick up?
Cheers
Madk1w1

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 78
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 78
Goodday madk1w1, Welcome to the stovebolt, I`m sure in time you`ll come with a direction you want to go with your truck.Enjoy the project.


_____________________________________________

Steve

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome to the site, there's more members here from Oz. I don't think a Maple Leaf grille will fit the pickup, likely too big. Ask in the big bolts section for a firm answer. Also, check out the gallery to see what style appeals most to you. Good luck. Leo

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
KL1W1, welcome to the Stovebolt. Regardless of which direction you decide to go we appreciate you saving it from the tin monster/crusher. Great folks and info here on the Bolt. Enjoy your project and never, NEVER give up.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
K1w1 not from the land of the long white cloud enjoy the journey Stovebolts there is no cure


57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 5
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 5
Haha yeah I know there is no cure, I grew up around this gear in NZ, Mums daily drive was a 56 Sedan until 1974, and had a backyard full of various brands from Chev, ford(I know that's swearing!) Dodge and some English stuff.


Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 843
Do yo have k1wi plates I live in newcastle originally from NZ just met a group over here that came for hot rod nationals held in Newcastle over Easter I came from whangarei


57 3200 pickup 265 V8 with service tray
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 5
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 5
No don't havek1w1 plates, I was at work for Easter, home town was Tauranga

Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 25
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 25
Do you have a maple leaf grille? Is it in good shape? I happen to have a 1946 maple leaf three ton that needs a new grille.


"The former lives of objects need not interfere with their current use."
http://s1322.photobucket.com/user/jeffreyguy1/library/
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 5
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 5
JeffreyguynoI just missed out on a good one, but do know of a couple more that might be available


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0