Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,231 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 193 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 193 | I have had my 46 since 1973 and the one piece that I regret not buying, and I have never seen again was a brochure showing all of the colors and combinations available, right down to the color of wheel available with the color of vehicle chosen. The color scheme also determined the color of the beltline around the cab and extending on to the hood. I of course remember the color for my solid Boatswain Blue, and that was a silver belt highlighted by a red pinstripe. In all of the trucks you see repainted, there is not even one in a 100 that paint the beltline different, yet alone the right color. So here is the question: does anyone have even a copy of that brochere? | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | 1946 Chevrolet truck Specifications Manual - colors Boatswain Blue exterior color, combined with: - Argent Silver : body, hood, and radiator shell moldings - Totem Scarlet : body, hood, and radiator shell molding stripes Other basic paint finishes for other items are listed by model.
Last edited by tclederman; 04/02/2015 5:56 PM. Reason: added "Chevrolet"
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 193 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 193 | Thanks for your reply Tim, I have visited your site numerous times since we participated in the Heartland GabFest. Your truck is a 1 in a 100 with the proper paint scheme, and you have posted the names of the different colors, but I have never seen the brochure depicting the actual colors on trucks. I last saw one in 1975, the only one I have ever seen. | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 934 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 934 | Would these color specs be the same for GMC trucks? | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 934 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 934 | thanks, Tim. My 41 GMC will be Omaha orange and black. I need to find a color chip for the beltline called Chess Blue (never heard of it).
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 | Until you find an original brochure, check the vendors ie. Jim Carter's, may have a reprint. BTW , my 46 story is close to yours having mine since late 70s. I was hooked on this body style as a little kid riding in my uncle's panel. After finding this pickup and learning all the horror stories re. the history of years of wrecks and abuse it had suffered I began collecting parts trucks, 5 in all. And in those days of the muscle cars as you say these trucks were very affordable. Best of luck Jim | | |
| |