| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,096 Posts1,056,473 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 50 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 50 | The rubber gasket are dry rot.Can these be replace on the oil canister or do you have to make your own | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | If you are referring to the gasket around the lid it should come with a new filter.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 | | | | | | Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 790 Former BMW Rider | | Former BMW Rider Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 790 | I purchased an oil filter from NAPA and the gasket wasn't the right size. I ended up re-using the old one since it was in decent shape, and I'm not sure how long I can get away with that!
Anyone else run into this? Is there a better filter and gasket out there? | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | I use Wix 51006. It comes with two different size gaskets.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | I use Wix 51006. It comes with two different size gaskets. Something I find odd about that, Wix actually is the one that makes Napas filters. You would think they would have the same gaskets in them.
Bill Burmeister | | | | | Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 506 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 506 | I use Wix 51006. It comes with two different size gaskets. Something I find odd about that, Wix actually is the one that makes Napas filters. You would think they would have the same gaskets in them. Was it Napa 1006 filter? Should be 2 gaskets. http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/C...ridge-Lube-Filter/_/R-FIL1006_0477913322
-Tom
1950 Chevy 3100 w/ 1956 235
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 790 Former BMW Rider | | Former BMW Rider Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 790 | Yes, it was a NAPA 1006. Now I feel violated! | | | | | Joined: Nov 2014 Posts: 20 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2014 Posts: 20 | Yeah , my Napa Wix came with incorrect gasket also. I was over at Jim Carter's the other day and picked up a new filter with correct gasket. It was a Wix 51001 | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | Probably a bean counter at NAPA trying to save a few pennies. You need to go back & complain to NAPA.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 50 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 50 | you hit the nail on the head.Got two wix filter no casket now i know what to look four thank | | |
| |
| |