The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Otto Skorzeny, TexasA&M48Truck), 144 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,480
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1093706 03/25/2015 8:47 PM
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 50
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 50
The rubber gasket are dry rot.Can these be replace on the oil canister or do you have to make your own

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
If you are referring to the gasket around the lid it should come with a new filter.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596

Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 790
Former BMW Rider
Former BMW Rider
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 790
I purchased an oil filter from NAPA and the gasket wasn't the right size. I ended up re-using the old one since it was in decent shape, and I'm not sure how long I can get away with that!

Anyone else run into this? Is there a better filter and gasket out there?


Andy

His: 1947 Chevrolet 3104
Hers: 2008 American Saddlebred

"I proudly Stand for the Flag and Kneel for the Cross" Unknown
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
I use Wix 51006. It comes with two different size gaskets.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Tiny #1093759 03/26/2015 12:04 AM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
Originally Posted by Tiny
I use Wix 51006. It comes with two different size gaskets.
Something I find odd about that, Wix actually is the one that makes Napas filters. You would think they would have the same gaskets in them.


Bill Burmeister
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 506
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 506
Originally Posted by Tiny
I use Wix 51006. It comes with two different size gaskets.
Originally Posted by LONGBOX55
Something I find odd about that, Wix actually is the one that makes Napas filters. You would think they would have the same gaskets in them.


Was it Napa 1006 filter?
Should be 2 gaskets.

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/C...ridge-Lube-Filter/_/R-FIL1006_0477913322


-Tom

1950 Chevy 3100 w/ 1956 235
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 790
Former BMW Rider
Former BMW Rider
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 790
Yes, it was a NAPA 1006. Now I feel violated!


Andy

His: 1947 Chevrolet 3104
Hers: 2008 American Saddlebred

"I proudly Stand for the Flag and Kneel for the Cross" Unknown
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 20
0
New Guy
New Guy
0 Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 20
Yeah , my Napa Wix came with incorrect gasket also. I was over at Jim Carter's the other day and picked up a new filter with correct gasket.
It was a Wix 51001

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Probably a bean counter at NAPA trying to save a few pennies. You need to go back & complain to NAPA.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 50
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 50
you hit the nail on the head.Got two wix filter no casket now i know what to look four thank


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0