| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,178 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 37 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 37 | Looking for a "how to" to remove and replace the bushings that are in the pedal for the brake and clutch on my 46 truck. Mine are pretty worn and wobbly. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | First I try to punch them out with a screwdriver on the edge but most of the time I simply put a hacksaw blade thru the bushing and saw it into then twist it out. You can also use some heat but I never have. ...if the new bushing won't push back in with relative ease then put them in the freezer for an hour and they'll shrink and will be easy to drop in. Good luck. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 255 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 255 | Ditto what Alvin said - and you may have to hone the I.D. to get a smooth pedal. I used a brake cylinder hone and it worked great. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 37 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 37 | how do you get the pedal arm off the assembly? | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | The pic below is off my 52panel. I think yours is mounted to the tranny but the shaft the pedal fits on will be held on with something similar. Its been since 1985 that I had a '46. http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r19/LutherParris/52Panel/BrakeClutchlineup.jpg...have you checked the online shop manuals? | | | | | Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 37 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2012 Posts: 37 | thanks achipmunk, the picture does help. | | |
| |
| |