The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Otto Skorzeny, moparguy, DaveV), 112 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,111
Posts1,056,244
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1085243 02/12/2015 8:08 PM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 34
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 34
You guys are lucky as in the Uk we dont really have ( that i can find anyway) parts suppliers.
Im trying to order some parts for my 49 3100, Jim Carter stocks everything i need but they wont respond to my emails with shipping costs quotes. Rockauto doesnt stock everything i need and neither does LMC, so Jim Carter seems to be my only option? Anyone have any suggestions of who else i can try? Im rebuilding stock suspension and steering so need spring shackles, pins etc...steeing box rebuild kit, track rod ends....
Thanks

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
Try classic Parts. I'm close to them. If you don't hear from them let me know.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
jonnyenglish, do you have someone stateside that you know? Perhaps you could order the parts and have them shipped to a friend and they can ship them to you....probably cheaper and also as a gift to help out on custom charges. It has, and can be done this way. I find the post office is best if its not a very big item. I've also had good luck with Fed-X, over UPS, for shipping across the border.
Hope these idea's work...... and I'm sure George will help if he can.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 34
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 34
Wow, that was quick, thanks,

Wrenchbender Ret, I will look on the classicparts link in a minute and email them with my list and see what they say.

Achipmunk, that would ideal but unfortunately i dont, so will be relying on the supplier shipping it.

Thanks again, much appreciated.


Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 195
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 195
I've had that problem with everything! Found the parts on american webshops, but almoste none want to talk about shipping costs. Only Mikes carb parts were really great people to deal with.

The rest i order from eBay. Only thing is that i pay almost as much for the product as I do for the shipping to Sweden.. (Also, its really frustrating when the article text states: "this seller might not ship to Sweden", because most of the time they dont!)

Last edited by Raoul; 02/13/2015 7:46 AM.

Chevrolet 3100
Year: 1951
engine: inline 6 217CI
Transmission: Manual 3-Speed.
12Volt.
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
Try National Parts Depot. They are now selling Chevy truck parts. They have experience shipping overseas with their other vehicle lines.
Their customer service is 2nd to none.

National Parts Depot

International shipping policies


Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,384
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,384
I feel your frustration.
I have a project to restore a Porsche farm tractor.
No parts suppliers here in the states. Small orders from anyone over there that would ship had high shipping.

Finally found a good supplier that would put together a big shipment of most everything. Big crate. Came by boat and then there were customs fees.

Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 623
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 623
Also try LMC Truck, which are practically in Wrenchbender Retired's back yard at http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/ca/t.aspx or Classic Industries at http://www.classicindustries.com/shop/truck/ (you can download their catalog if you don't want to wait for them to mail you one), and their catalog says they do foreign orders, as does ClassicParts.com and LMC Truck. You can get all that info, plus their 1-800 #'s on their websites. At least make them send you free catalogs so you can drool over all those parts you want! (That's what I do) Nothing strikes fear into my wife quicker than seeing a new parts book arrive in the mail. smile


"When I rest, I rust"
1951 3100 5 window w/ '56 235



Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Originally Posted by jonnyenglish
You guys are lucky as in the Uk we dont really have ( that i can find anyway) parts suppliers.

I feel your pain Jonny,I had a similar experience,I spent 45minutes typing an order out only to find when I went to checkout,it popped up "Foreign orders please call."
Frustrating to say the least!

I have been fortunate that I have had parts sent from the USA by a few fellow Stovebolters.
We used USPS,it didn't cost the earth and all parts arrived quickly.

There are vendors here in Blighty but most tend to stock body panels,bumpers,interior fittings and custom suspension parts,there aren't many that stock the original running gear hard parts that I know of.

You could try and call Trevor Cockburn at Highway Hell Hotrods,he's in Scotland but at least it's this side of the pond.
He also carrys the usual stuff i've mentioned.
He may be able to help sourcing these parts and or help ship them over for you.
You can get him on 07832 384425

Good luck.


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 34
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 34
Thanks to all who responded, also thanks to a very kind offer from Roy.
Classic parts didnt respond unfortunately, so I chased Jim Carter some more and eventually placed an order which (I hope) has been dispatched and on its way. The shipping is obviously a lot, but didnt really have any other options at the time.
Thanks to Jock, il keep that name and number for future reference. I was also frustrated at the prices that a couple of the well known guys over here were wanting to charge me for a little space in their containers!
Anyway hopefully all is well.

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
I don't know about the present but in the past Jim Carter charged actual shipping charges, which are hard to calculate until the package is ready to ship. I prefer that to so much for a $10, so much for a $50 order, etc., no matter size and weight.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 608
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 608
I,m in agreement with Charlie that Jim Carter is Most fair with Actual ship costs...It means ALOT.
Let us know how it works out+ good luck.
steve sr.

Last edited by steve sr; 02/18/2015 7:09 AM.
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
B
Sir Searchalot
Sir Searchalot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
I agree with Cletis. Jim Carter has a shipping explanation page and a currency converter page. You can see he is on top of his game and interested in customer satisfaction. Here and overseas. Charging the exact amount he pays, is the honest way. Usually NO handling charges. You have chosen the best possible vendor for your situation.
Jim is well known and respected by all Stovebolters. He has the best aftermarket parts available and has even created/funded parts that were not available. He also has or had a used parts supply.
Hover over "support" on his home page to see what I'm talking about re: ship and currency.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 34
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 34
Good, im pleased you all talk good things of Jim Carter, Cant wait to get the parts now!
Thanks for all comments.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0