| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,087 Posts1,056,375 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2003 Posts: 113 Member | | Member Joined: Nov 2003 Posts: 113 | I was optomistic and ordered three lap seat belts for my 54 3100 Chevy. They arrived and I  was overjoyed - until I noticed that there were no installation instructions. Where do I mount the seat belts? How do I get the bench seat out (assuming I need to) to put in the lap belts? Thanks!!
Bruce (I love My Truck) Miller
1954 5 Window 3100 Chevy Pickup - Driver 1929 **** Model A Pickup - Restoration
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2003 Posts: 264 Member | | Member Joined: Aug 2003 Posts: 264 | Do a search and you will find previous references to seat belt installation. I personally opted for a set of seats from a 2000 Buick LeSabre. The lap belt and seat belt are part of the seat itself. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 358 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 358 | I'd really like to know myself. I have just ordered lap belts for the '53. Anyone? Hello? Anyone??? | | | | | Joined: Oct 2000 Posts: 804 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2000 Posts: 804 | Well, it really comes down to where is the strongest place. If you drill a hole right thru the floor at the corner near the rear piller that is about as strong a place as you will find. Use the large washers that come with the kit under the floor. On the inner ones, again, right at the seat riser thru the floor is going to be hard to beat.
1948 Chevy Pickup Chopped and sectioned owned since 1974 when I was 15.
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2001 Posts: 169 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2001 Posts: 169 | This link may give you some good info. Lap Belt Installation PRW | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 Socket Breaker | | Socket Breaker Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 | 50-four-Bruce, where did you order and buy the belts from? Also check out: http://www.julianos.com -W | | | | | Joined: Nov 2003 Posts: 113 Member | | Member Joined: Nov 2003 Posts: 113 | Chevy duty had them in their catalogue.
Bruce (I love My Truck) Miller
1954 5 Window 3100 Chevy Pickup - Driver 1929 **** Model A Pickup - Restoration
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 358 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 358 | 50 four, any progress on the install? | | |
| |
| |