Hi everyone, I'm going to tag along with this thread.... I've got a 1953 3100 and am currently working on replacing the entire braking system. I couldn't find an all encompassing kit, so I am getting all the pieces as the budget allows.
My question is about the junction block and the hollow bolt that mate up to the master cylinder (mc). I see that chev's of the 40's sells the j block, but the hollow bolt on their site is for the rear j blocks that mate to the rear wheel cylinders. I've tried to be as thorough as possible, but have come up empty on the hollow bolt that mates to the mc. Does anyone know of a vendor that has that actual hollow bolt, or is this one of those things that we have to refurb and reuse?
Here is a pic of what I'm talking about:
MC J Block and Hollow Bolt I circled the J Block and Hollow Bolt, but the circle is kinda faint. From the pic, you can see that one brake line goes into the hollow bolt. This line crosses the truck and enters another j block on the right side. The other line goes into the mc j block and then up to the front left wheel.
Anyways, any help in locating a source of supply or giving me the reuse news would be appreciated.
All of the other pics in that folder are just for my use when rebuilding the system. OBTW, boy are those j blocks and line fittings fused together! Amazing what 60 years of weather and corrosion will do.