The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Otto Skorzeny, Hotrod Lincoln, 1955 1 Series, 1 invisible), 90 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,485
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 217
V
'Bolter
'Bolter
V Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 217
Watched coverage of auction from Az. last night..they sold several Burbs thought prices were less than what they might have been worth????

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
I too was surprised by the "LOWER" prices for the Panels & Burbs. They were all from the Ron Pratt collection and were suppose to be the cream of the crop. I really liked the one with the wooden canoe on top.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 72
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 72
I thought they'd go for much more as well, they were incredible examples. It's a fun auction to watch, it'd be even better to participate! It sounds like this Saturday is going to be tremendous.

Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 99
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 99
I was there Monday crawling around the collection and the tan one with the canoe on the roof was definitely my favorite. And you're right about the Pratt collection. First rate. I had the opportunity to walk thru his collection here in the Phoenix area 5 or 6 years ago. Amazing! And the guy made his $$$ building track homes.

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 186
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 186
I went today, lot of nice Stovebolts for sale.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

The Canopy Express trucks looked nice and one went for a high price ($82K).

That beige Suburban and canoe looks very nice. Its price was pretty high compared to nicely restored Suburbans in recent years. It is odd that someone did that much good work yet did not restore to original colors, even though they say they were careful with those details.

" . . correct color combination of Sahara Beige with Regal Maroon pinstripe detail . . " and " . . use as little brightwork as possible due to a shortage of nickel caused by the Korean war . . "

Nonetheless, it is a real pretty Suburban (and boat).
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1953-CHEVROLET-SUBURBAN-CARRYALL-178539

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1952-CHEVROLET-SUBURBAN-STATION-WAGON-178538

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1948-CHEVROLET-3100-COCA-COLA-WAGON-178576

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1949-CHEVROLET-CANOPY-EXPRESS-178537

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,061
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,061
Those prices just made my nose bleed.


1946 1-ton Panel
1952 1-ton Comml. W/Grain Body
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
I like the one with the boat but I didn't like the seat covers....

When I saw that second picture, Tim, for a quick moment there I thought it was Weeds!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Originally Posted by Achipmunk
When I saw that second picture, Tim, for a quick moment there I thought it was Weeds!

Sure looks like it doesn't it? He did say he would be selling it this spring... nice truck!

Hey Weeds....

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
If that was Weeds' truck, I hope he got what he wanted, and I hope the new owner enjoys it as much as Weeds has.

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
That wasn't weeds suburban,his fenders are the same color as the roof. Weeds also has barn doors.

The coca cola one was built by Jim Rasik who owns Jim Rasik Chrysler,Dodge,Jeep,Ram in Clinton,mo. It started out life as a panel truck.

Tim


1951 3100 Chevrolet
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall
Image
"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
"Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything"
"If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 119
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 119

Unfortunate error (could be a simple typo) on engine description of beige 'Burb w. canoe

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Miss Church, if you are referring to the exterior colors indicated for the burb/canoe (". . engine description of beige 'Burb . ."), there was no Chevrolet color that looked like that color, but there was a Sahara Tan color that was used on 54/55 GMCs (I have it on a GMC). The name Sahara "Beige" in the listing might be a typo, but no similar color/shade was a Chevrolet option (Cream Medium was the closest color). Also, there was no red-like-color pin-stripe (like the Regal Maroon in the listing) designated by the factory for use with any 1953 Chevrolet truck exterior color.

At that price, you might expect that a ". . correct color combination . . " would be correct (they did said it was correct).

The 54/55 knobs, and the chromed bumper and chromed hubcaps are other minor oddities. The chrome might be excused if the listing had not stated " . . use as little brightwork as possible due to a shortage of nickel caused by the Korean war . . ". There were no chromed bumpers or hubcaps from the factory in 1952/53, but a dealer or owner could have put them on.

Their listing stated those details. I am not nit-picking; I would have simply admired that beautiful suburban and canoe, if they had not made incorrect statements.

As posted above, it is a real pretty Suburban (and canoe).

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 119
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 119

Description incorrectly states what model years a Chev could be ordered with the 216. Is probably a simple typo that was missed by their proof writers, but am surprised you missed it (grin)

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Sorry, Miss Church. I misinterpreted your comment. You are of course right (I did not post about that because at least the 216 was correct for 1953).

I also did not comment on the "Features the rare/optional second- and third-row seats . .". They are indeed somewhat rare, but not optional.

N
Neverdone
Unregistered
Neverdone
Unregistered
N
Does anyone have a time / station for the auction ?
Dan

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Velocity TV 7pm central I believe.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)


Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0