The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (1955 1 Series, 50Chevy3100, RdsLessTaken, DadsFirstPickup, tclederman, 1 invisible), 172 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,225
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 66
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 66
Well, here goes with my story of my blue and white '59 Fleetside 3100 - Moonlight.

My oldest brother bought the truck in the mid 2000's give or take. In early 2009 he passed on and his widow remained at their home. She, not being very automotive minded didn't drive the truck and couple of cars he had at the time at all in the intervening years.

This past summer I learned she had to move from their house to an apartment, and the property would need to be liquidated.

I had always liked the Apache since my brother had bought it, so I approached her about buying it and in early November we struck a deal and it was mine!

As it had sat and not run in the last 6+ years it needs some going thru. I live two hours away from where it was stored and luckily there is an older gentleman that is a family friend (Richard) and a good street rod builder in the picture. He was willing to trailer it to his shop and take care of the basics to get her back to a reliable driver. Being my brother, Richard and other car guys knew each other for decades I think there is some good karma going on with this project.

So, the current work underway is:
1) The brakes are being gone thru, fresh fluid and wheel cylinders.
2) A Pertronix system/plugs/wires to handle the sparks installed.
3) Heater core being rebuilt and getting heat system operational.
4)Oil and filter changed.
5) Radiator refill/new hoses.
6) Drain stale fuel and likely carburetor rebuild.
7) General electrical checkout.
8) New tires installed.

Luckily she's been in a metal building so there hasn't been much weathering to speak of. The body is in great shape, the interior can use some freshening up as can the engine bay, which holds a 235 and three on the tree.
Most of that stuff I can tackle myself once I get it back to my place, to which I'm really looking forward.
The site looks like it has some great tips and camaraderie. Cheers.

Last edited by Peggy M; 04/25/2025 4:08 PM.

'59 Apache
‘21 Beta 390RS
‘18 BMW R1200RT
'12 Ford Flex
'13 Aprilia Tuono
‘11 Ducati Hypermotard
Salisbury, MD
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,987
Welcome! It will be a fitting memorial to your brother to get the truck going again. Keep us posted on your progress, and don't be afraid to ask questions here.


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
thumbs_up thumbs_up


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
MoonLight
Welcome to the best info group on the net!
Check out the ODSS link on the Bolt Page, under the side lot section.
You are not that far from the StoveBolt Headquarters.
I have not met them all, but hope to do that, this next April.

Don


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,409
J
Former Workshop Owner
Former Workshop Owner
J Online: Content
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,409
Very nice!

John


~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
That's a beauty! I hope everything works out.

Leo

Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 66
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 66
Thanks for the compliments guys. For a bit of an update, last week I dropped in and checked out the progress. It's moving along, the brakes, Pertronix, heater core and turn signals have been sorted.

I've ordered a few parts for things that have cropped up since the initial evaluation, a headlight switch (the dash mounted one), a fuel tank and sending unit, and heater fan switch.

I updated the Shutterfly album (link above) with a few new pictures, maybe it will road ready by the end of January. thumbs_up


'59 Apache
‘21 Beta 390RS
‘18 BMW R1200RT
'12 Ford Flex
'13 Aprilia Tuono
‘11 Ducati Hypermotard
Salisbury, MD
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 55
Z
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
Z Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 55

That's a good looking truck.

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,002
V
VEW Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
V Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,002
Your brother MUST be smiling! Great looking truck!


~ Victor
1941 3/4-Ton Pickup (in process). Read about it in the DITY Gallery
1955 Grumman Kurbside "Doughboy" 235/3 on tree w/ OD
1957 3100 - moved on
1959 C4500 Short Bus "Magic Bus" - moved on
1959 G3800 1 Ton Dually "Chief" - moved on
1958 C4400 Viking "Thor" ~ moved on to fellow Bolter

Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 66
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 66
I think this week end coming will be the one that I can go pick up my truck! The last job was a decision to replace the carburetor. I ordered a rebuilt Rochester and it is making its way toward the East Coast. It should get to the mechanic on Friday and it will be a quick job to swap new for old.

I'm looking forward to driving her across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to her new life among the farms.

And I did a double take looking at the American Classis Truck Parts ad on the site, gee that's Old Blue featured in that ad!


'59 Apache
‘21 Beta 390RS
‘18 BMW R1200RT
'12 Ford Flex
'13 Aprilia Tuono
‘11 Ducati Hypermotard
Salisbury, MD

Moderated by  J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0