| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (2-Ton, Peggy M),
151
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,105 Posts1,056,538 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 | I am in the market for a small parts tumbler. The 5 pound size. A search on Stovebolt of past comments seemed to suggest the one from Eastwood and Harbor Freight rate about the same with the same pluses and minuses depending on the media used. Any thoughts, updates or recommendations you care to share on this?
Drew
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2014 Posts: 104 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2014 Posts: 104 | For what it's worth I bought one a couple years back from Eastwood. My experience with this tumbler has not been good. It doesn't work too well, takes many hours then I still have to clean many of the parts by hand or the wire wheel. The biggest thing is if you don't get the small plastic knob in the bottom of the bowl screwed down extremely tight it works loose. The unit will start to vibrate and will actually walk off a bench. I caught it before this happened. Would not recommend that one, my 2 cents.
Steve
52 6400 50 3600 69 Ford LTD
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Check Amazon....maybe save at least some shipping as they have shipped most stuff I've bought free.
...been wondering about one myself. I haven't convinced myself its worth it yet. I do have a friend who has an industrial size unit that he practically lets it turn 24/7. Depends on how bad a piece is and what it is made out of...according to Sam. Let us know what you decide....and how it works. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 888 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 888 | I have a friend painter that has a 5 gal paint shaker he that uses with a bucket of black beauty abrasive that cleans small items great. Now I wouldn't buy a paint shaker....but ...if the price was right............Just sayin Dan | | |
| |
| |