Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (TexasJim50, TUTS 59, cmayna, TooMany2count, Hotrod Lincoln, Otto Skorzeny, Jay R, Forty9, 1 invisible),
91
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,411 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2013 Posts: 82 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2013 Posts: 82 | My '52 3100 has the original 216 along with the original glass bowl fuel pump. I noticed the pump was leaking today, pulled it apart, and as I suspected the diaphragm is cracked. I have searched for a rebuild kit with no luck. I did a search here and found this question asked before, but never saw a sufficient answer. Can anyone point me in the right direction for parts to rebuild this pump?
'52 Chevy 1/2 ton running original gear
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2014 Posts: 55 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2014 Posts: 55 | Theres a place called zenith Nixon in Omaha ne that used to be the place to find anything related to old carbs,might give them a try. 402-341-1167 | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 | I know this listing is for a F**d but it is the same as Chev. LINK
See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet! My Blog | | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 2,544 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 2,544 | Jim Carter also sells the kits. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 62 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 62 | Hey Guys--Go to your local GM dealer and give the Parts man the Part number and lo and behold 1 day later I had a new pump. The only difference was it had a metal top cover instead of a glass one.Works perfect. Cost about $65.00. The local Napa parts store also had one for about $75.00. Hope this helps, Stan | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 | The only problem with the metal top replacement pump is that it does mot have any filtration inside like the glass bowl pumps. Without the internal screen there is nothing protecting the check valves. With that style pump I would recommend putting a filter before the pump.
See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet! My Blog | | | | | Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 311 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 311 | | | | | | Joined: May 2013 Posts: 82 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2013 Posts: 82 | Thanks for all the replies. I saw a new fuel pump from Napa and other folks. But, I wanted to keep the look of the original glass bowl.
I ordered the diagphram that 'Pre68Dave turned me onto. It looks the same as what I need. If not, I will order the Jim Carter kit....although pricy.
'52 Chevy 1/2 ton running original gear
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 2,544 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 2,544 | If it was my pump I would be replacing the check valves also.
Last edited by don stocker; 01/02/2015 4:50 AM.
| | |
| |