The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (BC59, Hotrod Lincoln, Lostbuthaulinass), 111 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,410
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1076426 01/01/2015 12:12 AM
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 82
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 82
My '52 3100 has the original 216 along with the original glass bowl fuel pump. I noticed the pump was leaking today, pulled it apart, and as I suspected the diaphragm is cracked. I have searched for a rebuild kit with no luck. I did a search here and found this question asked before, but never saw a sufficient answer. Can anyone point me in the right direction for parts to rebuild this pump?


'52 Chevy 1/2 ton running original gear
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 55
Z
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
Z Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 55
Theres a place called zenith Nixon in Omaha ne that used to be the place to find anything related to old carbs,might give them a try.
402-341-1167

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
I know this listing is for a F**d but it is the same as Chev. LINK


See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet!
My Blog
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,544
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,544
Jim Carter also sells the kits.

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 62
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 62
Hey Guys--Go to your local GM dealer and give the Parts man the Part number and lo and behold 1 day later I had a new pump. The only difference was it had a metal top cover instead of a glass one.Works perfect. Cost about $65.00. The local Napa parts store also had one for about $75.00.
Hope this helps, Stan

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
The only problem with the metal top replacement pump is that it does mot have any filtration inside like the glass bowl pumps. Without the internal screen there is nothing protecting the check valves.
With that style pump I would recommend putting a filter before the pump.


See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet!
My Blog
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 311
8
'Bolter
'Bolter
8 Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 311


Curt Warren
Salt Lake City
1948 1.5ton Loadmaster
http://photobucket.com/48loadmaster
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 82
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 82
Thanks for all the replies. I saw a new fuel pump from Napa and other folks. But, I wanted to keep the look of the original glass bowl.

I ordered the diagphram that 'Pre68Dave turned me onto. It looks the same as what I need. If not, I will order the Jim Carter kit....although pricy.


'52 Chevy 1/2 ton running original gear
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,544
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,544
If it was my pump I would be replacing the check valves also.

Last edited by don stocker; 01/02/2015 4:50 AM.

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0