Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,154 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 10 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 10 | Anyone need a couple of behind set gas tanks? Nice and clean, not full of crud, just don't want to scrap them if anyone could use them, located outside of Nanaimo | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,953 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,953 | Are you going to the Saanich swap meet? | | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 393 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 393 | The behind the seat tanks were for 49 to 54. The 47's and 48's had under bed tanks. You could probably fit a behind the set tank in a 47 or 48 but you would have to cut a filler hole in the cab. Try posting in the Swap Meet to get more exposure.
It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it.
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 707 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 707 | I needed one a little while back, and now I have 3. One is working very nicely indeed in the truck, and one or both of the others might go under the truck, beside the frame rails longitudinally. If they'll fit ... 1951 3800 Be the change you want to see. -hotshoe
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 10 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 10 | Are you going to the Saanich swap meet? No such luck this year,but will be in Victoria area on Tuesday am and can bring them along. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 10 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 10 | Any interest? Will be on the way to China soon to be shredded into baking tins and cat food... | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,997 Big Bolt Forum Co-moderator | | Big Bolt Forum Co-moderator Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,997 | Why not post them on the freebie page on this site? A day without laughter is a day wasted- Charlie Chaplin When wrestling a grizzly bear, you have to keep at it until the bear gets tired, not when you get tired. 1948 Chevy 2-Ton | | | | | Joined: Sep 2000 Posts: 60 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2000 Posts: 60 | if you go to put a behind the seat tank in a 47/48 you would have to cut out the back of the cab support braces 3 of them. one in the center and both side's.
FRAMEUP TRUCKS - 47/55.1ST STILL PLAYING WITH TRUCKS | | | | | Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 10 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 10 | Why not post them on the freebie page on this site? Shipping is the killer,heading to Kelowna on Tuesday AM,if anyone along the way wants them I could drop them off on the way. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy tfi racing, if you want to drop them off here I'll save them for someone, just let me know and I'll PM you directions. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 10 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 10 | Hy tfi racing, if you want to drop them off here I'll save them for someone, just let me know and I'll PM you directions. Cool,I just didn't want these to be scrapped,someone will need one!I'll drop them off on my way by,PM me the info. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 26 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 26 | Hey BC Bolters! Haven't been on for a while.....but are those tanks still available 3B? I have a 54 1ton and could use one. thanks
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | | | | | | Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 26 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 26 | tfi racing, thanks for dropping off those fuel tanks to 3B. Just picked one up today for my 54 1ton. and thanks for the tour B! Was nice to meet you 3B and tour the history you have. Keep on Rollin! | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy Rollin1Ton, it was nice to meet you too, I hope you made it home in time for turkey! | | | | | Joined: Jun 2014 Posts: 17 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2014 Posts: 17 | Hey, just cruising the site and saw this thread. I'm wondering if you still have a tank. I'm in Saskatchewan but will be at the swap meet in Lethbridge in February. Let me know. Thx. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy qdub, yes I still have one tank left. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2014 Posts: 17 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2014 Posts: 17 | That's great, I sent a pm. | | |
| |