The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (John Dlugos, Buckeye998, Gray_Ghost, Gdads51, dt235sd, rfs56trk, BCBill, Otto Skorzeny, Dusty53), 236 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,172
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1036990 06/21/2014 6:22 PM
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 10
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 10
Anyone need a couple of behind set gas tanks? Nice and clean, not full of crud, just don't want to scrap them if anyone could use them, located outside of Nanaimo

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
Are you going to the Saanich swap meet?


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 393
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 393
The behind the seat tanks were for 49 to 54. The 47's and 48's had under bed tanks. You could probably fit a behind the set tank in a 47 or 48 but you would have to cut a filler hole in the cab. Try posting in the Swap Meet to get more exposure.


It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it.
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 707
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 707
I needed one a little while back, and now I have 3. One is working very nicely indeed in the truck, and one or both of the others might go under the truck, beside the frame rails longitudinally. If they'll fit ...


1951 3800

Be the change you want to see.
-hotshoe
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 10
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by Sedgewick
Are you going to the Saanich swap meet?

No such luck this year,but will be in Victoria area on Tuesday am and can bring them along.

Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 10
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 10
Any interest? Will be on the way to China soon to be shredded into baking tins and cat food...

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,997
S
Big Bolt Forum Co-moderator
Big Bolt Forum Co-moderator
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,997
Why not post them on the freebie page on this site?


A day without laughter is a day wasted- Charlie Chaplin
When wrestling a grizzly bear, you have to keep at it until the bear gets tired, not when you get tired.

1948 Chevy 2-Ton
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 60
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 60
if you go to put a behind the seat tank in a 47/48 you would have to cut out the back of the cab support braces 3 of them. one in the center and both side's.


FRAMEUP TRUCKS - 47/55.1ST
STILL PLAYING WITH TRUCKS
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 10
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by Super55
Why not post them on the freebie page on this site?

Shipping is the killer,heading to Kelowna on Tuesday AM,if anyone along the way wants them I could drop them off on the way.

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy tfi racing, if you want to drop them off here I'll save them for someone, just let me know and I'll PM you directions.

3B #1046383 08/01/2014 4:04 PM
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 10
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by 3B
Hy tfi racing, if you want to drop them off here I'll save them for someone, just let me know and I'll PM you directions.

Cool,I just didn't want these to be scrapped,someone will need one!I'll drop them off on my way by,PM me the info.

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 26
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 26
Hey BC Bolters!
Haven't been on for a while.....but are those tanks still available
3B? I have a 54 1ton and could use one. thanks

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy Rollin1Ton, PM sent.

Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 26
R
New Guy
New Guy
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 26
tfi racing, thanks for dropping off those fuel tanks to 3B. Just picked one up today for my 54 1ton. and thanks for the tour B! Was nice to meet you 3B and tour the history you have. Keep on Rollin!

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy Rollin1Ton, it was nice to meet you too, I hope you made it home in time for turkey!

Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 17
Q
New Guy
New Guy
Q Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 17
Hey, just cruising the site and saw this thread. I'm wondering if you still have a tank. I'm in Saskatchewan but will be at the swap meet in Lethbridge in February. Let me know. Thx.

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy qdub, yes I still have one tank left.

Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 17
Q
New Guy
New Guy
Q Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 17
That's great, I sent a pm.


Moderated by  Gord&Fran 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0