The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Hugh63c10, Hawkman, UtahYork), 88 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,096
Posts1,056,482
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1061278 10/09/2014 5:35 PM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 74
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 74
Is there a way to track the history of my 54 chevy truck from factory to current owner (me)? The VIN tracking sites I've tried don't go back that far. I'd really like to learn about where my truck has been. Hope someone can help,
Steve

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Steve,

There is no on-line and/or governmental way to obtain registration/ownership information on a 1954 vehicle.

Most states do not have any information on pre-1972 vehicles (a standardized VIN was not used until 1981).

Here is one vehicle history service. I bet no one will post that they have obtained/purchased a useful vehicle history for a 1954 truck.

If you obtain a useful history, please let us know.

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
the only way to track its history is to track all previous owners, like finding out who sold it to the person that you bought it from, then contacting them to see who they got it from, etc ..... sometimes can happen, but likely there'll be some dead folks along the line wink

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 74
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 74
sometimes creativity pays off. I found an old insurance card from about 30 years ago in my truck. I looked up the name and address, and (of course) there was no direct match. However, there was a match in the same city at a different address. I mailed a letter (that's right, the old-fashioned way) and asked him to call me if by chance he owned this truck in the past. Turns out it was the same guy, and he was quite surprised to get my letter. Turns out I got a great history about my truck from him.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
In 1994 I could, and did, send a request, along with the $5 fee, to the S.C. DMV for a title history/search. They traced my 1937 pickup back through 3 owners, while owned in S.C. but I lost out after that.....but did find out the truck was in N.C. before coming to S.C.
Just a few short years ago I tried to run the title search on a vehicle but S.C. told me that due to the Privacy Act they would "no longer do the search".


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0