The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (CuzzFuzz), 228 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,181
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 510
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 510
I'm gettin ready to replace the tailgate on my 64 C10 longbed Fleetside. I'd prefer a plain one, but I wouldn't mind one with the Chevrolet lettering or a bowtie on it.

So far the only place I've found one is at Mar-K .

I've never dealt with this company before and don't know anything about them, other than the fact that I found their website doing a search on this board.

Are they good folks to deal with? Are there better places to get a tailgate? Any good or bad stories?

Thanks,

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
LMC's got a plain tailgate for $300. Chevy lettering for $500.
-David


Tradin' up dimes for nickels...
'`'`'`'`'`'`
My \'65 Chevy C-20
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 510
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 510
Thanks, Mugsy. I'll check it out. All I have to do is find their catalog. smile

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
I got bedwood & strips etc. from Mar-K. Great product, free shipping if internet order, good, fast service. LMC charges too much for shipping IMO. Brian


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 510
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 510
After all was said and done, it was about $30 less to get the tailgate from LMC. I ordered it yesterday (02/17) and it may be here by the time the snow storms move out. smile

It'll be nice to get back to work on the ol' truck. I've missed bein able to work on things (because of health problems last year and then the winter weather) and I'm really lookin forward to gettin a few things done...and attending the
Rat Fink Reunion which will be May 12-15 in Manti, Utah. Maybe I can get a Rat Fink painted on the tailgate. Yee-Haw!

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 734
Hey Ray, lemme know how the quality is when you get it. I'm real curious.
Thanks.
-David


Tradin' up dimes for nickels...
'`'`'`'`'`'`
My \'65 Chevy C-20

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0