The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (baldeagle), 158 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,241
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 19
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 19
I located a donor chassy for my 52coe only a few miles from home for 500 bucks great shape all disc brakes 1990 c-20.(or is it p-20?) Only problem is I have to help remove the motor home body on it. Looks like 15" wheels and not rusty.
Can't wait to get started.
Question is, will the c- 20 be a good donor?

Last edited by GTofani; 09/25/2014 1:44 PM.
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,159
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,159
If you want to see a '50 COE,on a '72 C20 frame,check this out!

Last edited by wetwilly5757; 09/26/2014 8:25 AM.

Just sold: 1955 2nd Series 6500 2-Ton Flatbed Truck
Mo' Tater
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pics and videos on Photobucket

It takes an awful big dog to weigh a ton.
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 19
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 19
I have seen that one, really cool.
I need to find someone who can provide pictures of a build in progress.
Also, I am searching for pics of an original truck to compare to what I am starting with, under the hood where mine appears to be missing some parts,hopefully just the top radiator support. Since the hood latches differently than my 1.2 ton, I am not sure if it has the same shroud piece like where the 1/2 to hood latches in front of the radiator.

Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 19
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 19
Checked out the donor today, it's not a 1990 as the guy said but an 83 pace arrow motor home on a c-20 chassis. The wheel base is around 158". I really need a shorter wheel base for the coe cab, 36"sleeper (42 on the outside) and a 6' chevy 47-53 bed.
The frame rails appear to be parallel so wondering if I can move the rear end to wherever I want to shorten the wheel base for my design. It will have to move forward about 2 feet.

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,961
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,961
Moving the rear end is no big deal. Either drill or grind the original rivets and mount it where you want it with flange bolts.

http://www.imperialsupplies.com/item/0191480

We use the same type of bolt on our semi frames. Only a little bigger. 5/8 and 3/4

Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 19
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 19
Thanks , there was no way I was going to find a frame the exact length I needed. Thanks for the bolt tip also.

Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 19
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 19
More information on the donor chassis,
The motorhome is on a p30 chassis. I checked the vin with gm and they confirmed that it is indeed a p30. The scrapyard folks were not sure because they are ford guys.
Probably start the slow dissection of the 53 over the winter.


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0