| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,238 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 71 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 71 | Hi guys I hope all who went to the Midwest truck reunion had a good time . I should be able to make it next year . Yes I'm the crazy guy who drove his 1948 big bolt 2 ton flat bed 4933 miles from GA to AZ and back ,stock 216 45mph . I put it to work yesterday pickin up some logs for fire wood for friend , it didn't even break a sweat .See the pics here https://www.flickr.com/photos/58989402@N08/sets/72157647070197617/
Last edited by PAUL NOLZ; 09/11/2014 4:37 PM.
1948 Chevy 2 ton flatbed ex fire truck , and various motorcycles .
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 1,159 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 1,159 | Living proof that "Babbit Pounders" can get the job done! I am going to haul a load of household goods for a friend tomorrow,so it'll be a good test for "'Tater's "new" carb. Only about a 100- mile,(at the most),round-trip,but I'm kinda anxious! | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 71 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 71 | Hi willy I do my best not to run mine over 3500 rpms also Harbor Freight has a little 2" tach that you can mount on the steering column with a 1 1/2 muffler clamp and a single 2" gauge holder. It sits real nice between the other gauges and speedo . If your truck is 12 volts. I used a 2" hole saw and put my volt meter in the radio hole cover plate but I think you could get 2 gauges in there Paul
Last edited by PAUL NOLZ; 09/12/2014 7:48 PM.
1948 Chevy 2 ton flatbed ex fire truck , and various motorcycles .
| | |
| |
| |