The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (1955 1 Series, CandoBrent, Shaffer's1950, Otto Skorzeny, 78buckshot, Perro), 71 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,077
Posts1,056,280
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 35
I
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 35
I am overhauling the brake system on my 65 C60 and I have a question about the rear wheel cylinders. My system has a line that comes in to the bottom cylinder, then a line that branches out of the front of the bottom cylinder and up to the upper cylinder. This cylinder is equipped with a bleeder screw on the back side. The upper cylinder does not have a spot for a line to thread into the back. It is just solid. I found wheel cylinder info on raybestos.com. It seems the only cylinder available is the lower one that has the threaded line holes on both sides. Would I just put a threaded plug into one of these and use it for the upper or what? They current cylinders are in real good shape but I'm having a hard time find replacement pistons for the upper as they are sort of pitted. Are these pistons available? Rebuild kits don't come with them. The bore is 1 1/2.


1965 Chevrolet C-60 292 Flatbed
2008 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 Crew Cab
1992 Chevrolet C1500 Cheyenne 5 Speed
2001 Harley Davidson FLHT Electra Glide Standard
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy IHBoilermaker, could you tell us the part number of the Raybestos wheel cylinders you're inquiring about?

Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 35
I
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 35
WC37042 is the Raybestos number, 3/8 threads for brake line.


1965 Chevrolet C-60 292 Flatbed
2008 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 Crew Cab
1992 Chevrolet C1500 Cheyenne 5 Speed
2001 Harley Davidson FLHT Electra Glide Standard
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy IHBoilermaker, it looks like the crossover line goes up from the bottom wheel cylinder to the top cylinder inside the brake drum leaving only the bleed screw on the outside of the backing plate at the top. Both wheel cylinders are available at RockAuto, Raybestos p/n WC37042 $20.79, and p/n WC18196 $27.79, hope that helps.

Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 35
I
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 35
Ok this is kind of what I figured. The thing that was throwing me of was that one cylinder was 3/8 inlet and the other was 7/16 inlet but upon further research I see that these will in fact get the job done. Thanks for your help.


1965 Chevrolet C-60 292 Flatbed
2008 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 Crew Cab
1992 Chevrolet C1500 Cheyenne 5 Speed
2001 Harley Davidson FLHT Electra Glide Standard
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 4
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 4
Thanks again 3B I just order all 4 rear wheel cylinders for my Viking from Rock auto
.
and on a side note I just received my rear hardware kit you recomended
(raybestos H9223) it was spot on
got it on Feebay for $12.......
.
.
will let you know how the wheel cylinders thanks ...Sp
.
.
.
.
.

Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 2
P
Moderated
Moderated
P Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 2
Hi new to posting have a 66 LCF with brake problems. I see a lot of folks recommending Rock auto. when I go on there site is doesn't allow me to search for c60 parts. What am I doing wrong
Phil

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy pkd66, welcome, I have many catalogues and parts books so I can search by part number, most sites do not have the ability to search for truck parts heavier than one ton. If you will tell us what in particular you are looking for we may be able to help you.


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0