The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Dennys28, Steelonsteel, Opelika Tom, Guitplayer, Ponchogl), 120 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,401
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1040442 07/06/2014 11:29 PM
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 35
I
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 35
Does anyone know where a set of 15 x 4 rear shoes for a 65 C60 can be found? I found a Raybestos and a Centric part number, 108PG and 11201080 respectively. I have searched high and low and cannot find anyone who carries these. Raybestos 427PG looks similar but does not have the required return spring hooks built onto them. I will probably end up having to get them relined but I want to try and find a set first. Anyone have any suggestions out there? I am also in need of the return springs too.


1965 Chevrolet C-60 292 Flatbed
2008 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 Crew Cab
1992 Chevrolet C1500 Cheyenne 5 Speed
2001 Harley Davidson FLHT Electra Glide Standard
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy IHBoilermaker, you're right they are proving hard to find, the part numbers don't want to cross at Napa or RockAuto. According to my Raybestos master reference guide that truck used Bendix manually adjusted rear brakes. The return spring kit I found is Raybestos p/n H9223 $15.41 at RockAuto. This return spring kit uses four barrel shaped springs per wheel, does that sound correct for your truck? I'll keep looking, but everything I've tried so far has proved fruitless.

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 413
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 413
Hi Boilermaker, have you considered having your originals relined?
That's what I ended up doing.
At least you will know you have the correct shoes when you're done.

3B #1041097 07/09/2014 2:47 AM
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 35
I
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 35
The springs look correct. Yes it has the 4 barrel shaped springs that like like those. I'm going to go ahead and order the kit. Looks like a reline will be in the future for my shoes.


1965 Chevrolet C-60 292 Flatbed
2008 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 Crew Cab
1992 Chevrolet C1500 Cheyenne 5 Speed
2001 Harley Davidson FLHT Electra Glide Standard
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 4
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 4
thank you 3B for the info about the rear brake shoe spring I've been searching hi-lo couldnot find them anywere
.
Raybestos p/n H9223
.
.
broken rear spring 50 C-60

.

Last edited by Softpatch; 07/13/2014 4:48 PM.

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0