The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (Peggy M, Steelonsteel, WICruiser, 51sub, 55shaker, Hotrod Lincoln, TS3600, GRNHydra, 1 invisible), 126 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,141
Posts1,056,471
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1034688 06/10/2014 7:04 AM
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 1
E
Moderated
Moderated
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 1
I have a 53 gmc half ton long-bed that I'm finally getting to. Drove it when I dated my wife over 35 years ago- she married me anyway. Like to have the truck going for our 35th in mid-September. Right now it's on jack-stands awaiting a pacer ifs I am just finishing. Have a mid nineties 8.8 Explorer rear end ready to install. Like to keep it inline 6; have 2 228s; one is tired, the other unknown. (I'd kinda like to use the old Wayne covers I've been holding onto for all these years) We'll see.

My background is mostly in education. I quit and built houses for 5 years with my son before the housing bubble collapsed a few years ago, worked for Oregon state parks at a logging museum as a curator for a couple of years but returned to education recently. Retirement is around the corner-probably this time next year when my youngest graduates.

I've read a lot of old stovebolt posts over the last couple of years and and figured I'd go ahead and join up. A lot of knowledge here. Probably can't add much in that department but perhaps I can ask some good questions.

Since I installed the Astro seat in the cab I find myself going out to the barn just to sit in the old pickup and think about stuff. Probably ought to get it running so my kids don't get worried about me.

Joined: May 2012
Posts: 256
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 256
Welcome to the Stove Bolt !!

you are correct lots of great knowledge and willing bodies to answer questions as well. May get lucky and find a few near by that would swing over to lend a hand as well.

take some pictures, post them up, share.

Get that Bolt Running


1929 Chevrolet AC International - 4 Door
1930 Chevrolet AD Universal - Canopy Express Truck
Love the Antique Chevrolet's from 1928-1932
The Beauty, Simplicity, History, and the Stories they Tell
[/font]
- - In the Stovebolt Gallery
-- In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome, looks like you certainly have a passion for these old trucks. I'm all for the inline sixes, but trying to choose between a tired 228 and an unknown one is iffy. There's got to be a third option. Good luck with the ifs and the rest of the journey.

Leo

Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 20
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 20
Welcome, I am from Southern Oregon aswell! Alot of people will help you out on here with whatever you need!


1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

1946 Chevy 2 Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

"if it ain't rattlin' it aint broken"
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Late checking in but welcome to the bolt. You will find what you need right here.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0