The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Gdads51, papas52, Bruce 1954-4100, tclederman, Forty9), 102 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,257
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1034138 06/07/2014 9:03 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 423
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 423
Today I finally got my newly installed 235 to run, and it runs pretty well. It has some features that the old 216 did not have and which I am not sure I will like, for instance the automatic choke. So far it doesn't bother me because the motor starts well enough without a working choke. But I would rather have a working choke.
Here is a picture of the carb New carb
One question is what is that hole for pointing west and what might I connect it to? Next question, where can I find instructions for how to adjust said choke?
I've got a slew of other questions too, but maybe I'll just start a slew of new threads.

Karl


It may not be the easy way, but it is the Cowboy Way - Ranger Doug
Beware of the stories you read or tell; subtly, at night, beneath the waters of consciousness, they are altering your world. - Ben Okri
1953 Chevy 3100
1960 Volvo PV 544
1941 Chevrolet Special Deluxe
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
That choke housing has a thermostatic spring in it that opens the choke after the engine starts. It does this by drawing heated air in through a pipe that connects to that hole. The other end of the pipe should sit inside a sheet metal case on the exhaust manifold. To adjust the choke you back off the three screws and rotate the black plate.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 423
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 423
I have no sheet metal case on the exhaust manifold. Is this something I can make? Anyone have pictures of this application?


It may not be the easy way, but it is the Cowboy Way - Ranger Doug
Beware of the stories you read or tell; subtly, at night, beneath the waters of consciousness, they are altering your world. - Ben Okri
1953 Chevy 3100
1960 Volvo PV 544
1941 Chevrolet Special Deluxe
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 423
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 423
Thanks Denny, you must have a heap of pictures lying in wait.


It may not be the easy way, but it is the Cowboy Way - Ranger Doug
Beware of the stories you read or tell; subtly, at night, beneath the waters of consciousness, they are altering your world. - Ben Okri
1953 Chevy 3100
1960 Volvo PV 544
1941 Chevrolet Special Deluxe
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
Go to a FLAPS and ask for one Dorman makes one to replace it.


Pete

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0