The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Otto Skorzeny, Hotrod Lincoln, jay d, ‘37ChevyPU, Bill Hanlon), 175 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,262
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 566
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 566
I like this photo of this inline motor.

I have found the hard pipe spark plug wire looms however what I am asking is does anyone know where to get this set up? The wire looms and that connection piece that connects the 2 wire looms. I think the bottom is open just the top is covered. I have seen only the style that bolts to engine from truck shops and from Chevy of the 40's but I have not seen this style. Anyone have any ideas? I am running a 235 in a 1956 Chevy 3100. I also like the spark plug covers that go into head. I have seen the plate dress up from Langdon's Stovebolt but not the plug wires boot cover.

spark plug wires conduit


"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my sweet ride." -Amen

56 Chevy 3100
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,214
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,214
Can't help you w/the question but I wanted to remark on how fine that engine and chassis build looks. I stepped through all the pics. I also like those chrome plug wire conduits but then again I like just about everything about that build.

Dave

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
Wouldn't surprise me if the owner made them or had them made. With patience and a good tubing bender, it wouldn't be that hard I think.


Drew
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 2,074
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 2,074
Why not send Joe an email? He's the master of attention to detail and dress up ideas. I believe he told me those little plug covers are a motor cycle item.


It's easier to get forgiveness than permission!
1946 1/2-Ton Chevy
1953 Chevy 3/4-ton Factory Stakebed
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 566
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 566
Originally Posted by JiMerit Boltr#43
Why not send Joe an email? He's the master of attention to detail and dress up ideas. I believe he told me those little plug covers are a motor cycle item.
I did not know where I got that pic from, but if you tell me who is Joe I would love to ask him and pick his brain.

Joes build on his motor is really tight. He has done an outstanding job.

This is my first build and I am taking ideas from every one only when it makes sense. I gotta hand it to the stovebolters here, you guys have helped me a lot. I really do not know how you guys did it without the internet, youtube, & forums like here before there was the tool.

Last edited by Tiny_Jaime; 06/07/2014 8:13 AM.

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my sweet ride." -Amen

56 Chevy 3100

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0