The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Otto Skorzeny, Jon G), 86 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,344
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1018105 03/30/2014 2:35 AM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 60
V
'Bolter
'Bolter
V Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 60
Just about have the engine completely rebuilt in my 1959 3600 and getting ready to drop it in the truck. this is my first attempt at this and I'm learning a lot.
I've been researching new motor mounts and I'm very confused. All the online parts houses show front mounts that are side mounted. My truck has a single mount in front in the center of the cross member. My engine doesn't even have a place to mount brackets for the side mounted mounts.
Why am I having trouble finding my mount and where can I find a replacement?


Proud of my taskforce!
1959 3600 long-bed. the ultimate work truck!

Rick Restivo
Valley Center, CA.
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Wait to hear from someone with first-hand experience with 58/58 motor mounts.

My guess, from reading similar posts, is that you have a 1958(and earlier)-style front motor mount (not the 1959 and later style front side motor mounts).

This oddity is not uncommon when there is a change in features. The assembly plants used up old parts before switching to a newer style part.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
1959 should mount on the front side. See Picture
If you have a 1960-62 engine it will not have the provisions for these mounts.
If that is the case you will have to adapt some other style of mounting.


See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet!
My Blog
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,399
D
Gas Pumper
Gas Pumper
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,399
Maybe the 47-54 front mounts would work nicely?


Deve

1950 Chevy 3100 Deluxe Cab
1950 Chevy 3100 Standard Cab
In the Stovebolt Gallery
The Think Tank
More info and tips at Deve's Technet
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
There was someone here recently that adapted the 1932-54 mount on a later truck.


See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet!
My Blog
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,399
D
Gas Pumper
Gas Pumper
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 3,399
I do not know what I am talking about, but seems to me the front motor mounts for the AD would mean drilling two holes in the frame and calling it a day? Wouldn't we prefer to address this issue with a definitive solution if all it means is drilling a few holes?

Maybe its more than that, but hopefully we can give advice to those who need it. What about a paper drill template? I can do that. Must be more to it.


Deve

1950 Chevy 3100 Deluxe Cab
1950 Chevy 3100 Standard Cab
In the Stovebolt Gallery
The Think Tank
More info and tips at Deve's Technet
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 60
V
'Bolter
'Bolter
V Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 60
Thanks for the reply, That could definitely explain this. I'll look for mounts on earlier trucks.

Rick -


Proud of my taskforce!
1959 3600 long-bed. the ultimate work truck!

Rick Restivo
Valley Center, CA.
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 60
V
'Bolter
'Bolter
V Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 60
Thanks the pics everybody sent. Your pics, along with the posts got me thinking that maybe I don't actually have a '59 engine. I reviewed the casting numbers and sure enough, it's a 60-62 235. This explains why I have so many holes in the front cross-member. Now that that I know what I'm looking for I should be all set.
Wish I would have come here along time ago..
Rick -


Proud of my taskforce!
1959 3600 long-bed. the ultimate work truck!

Rick Restivo
Valley Center, CA.
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,971
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,971
The mounts are on the front of the engine. There are also two different lengths of mounts for 6 or 8 cylinder.

See LMC catalog for diagram;

http://lmctruck.com/icatalog/ca/full.aspx?Page=77


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0