The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (klhansen, ronsway, 1 invisible), 165 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,106
Posts1,056,213
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 159
1
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
1 Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 159
Has anyone done a power steering swap in A&D?
I'm looking into a kit like this...
link
I can get my own box and pump.
Found this page... lots of good pics of the install...
link

Last edited by 1tonpete; 03/13/2014 1:14 PM.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
.... Check out Classic Parts in Missouri. That one you link to looks just like the one I purchased from Classic Parts and I think about $45 bucks less.

....FYI- there are several cars out there with the pitman arm you need without paying 50-60 bucks for one. I used one off a 69 Buick Skylard but lots of GM cars will work. MonteCarle and such ...if your doing/using what I think you are.... my Saginaw box was from a '76 Chevy C-10.
Maybe some of this will help you out if it will work for your year/model/series.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 328
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 328
Yes, I put the CPP kit into my 51 panel.

It's real straight forward. The critical measurement is the placement of the 1/2" thick plate & getting it welded in properly. You will also have
to re-locate the driver side upper shock mount & get a new pass. side lower shock mount to use on the driver's side.

I used an aftermarket steering column & used the D-rod with Borgeson
joints to hook it all up.

While you are at it, consider the new sway bar kit, disc brake conversion, & the tie rod/tie rod end upgrade kit. I did &...

my truck steers like a Cadillac and stops on a dime… very happy with the CPP stuff.

mike


Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 159
1
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
1 Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 159
Thanks guys. I appreciate the info.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
..... I checked the angle of my shock and leaned it back the same amount....I also went ahead did the same thing to the right side which allows you to just switch side to side the lower shock mount. Hope this helps.

...I did notice when welding the steel plate to the chassis that it didn't sit well with me to have it right on the edge of the chassis where the chassis was "rounded". So, I cut a couple bushings a little longer than what was in the kit which moved the steel piece over on the chassis just a bit and made welding it easy. Just FYI


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 159
1
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
1 Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 159
That so good info there...
I am hoping to find a 4x4 chevy 6 lug truck or van for donor. I might swap more than steering. I'm thinking about swaping front and rear axles also.


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0