Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (51sub),
128
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,125 Posts1,056,338 Members48,440 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 1,186 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 1,186 | I'm getting ready to replace the door weatherstrip on my '55 1st 6400. Looking for some good or bad reviews on weatherstrips you have purchased and from who.
Bruce | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | For the doors I didn't spring for the Steele products. The ones I got from American Classic has worked fine for two years now on my 52panel. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | The ones on my Suburban's front doors are also from American Classic and they have worked fine for 10 years.
I have not used this Steele product but all their products are considered to consistently be very good, AND consistently higher priced than other vendors' prices (for sometimes the same product).
Last edited by tclederman; 01/23/2014 2:26 PM. Reason: Edit Reason: add AND comment about Steele
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 1,001 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 1,001 | I recently purchased all rubber from Classic Parts and it all was good quality and fit properly (i.e. door seals, windlace, windshield, rear window, lower sill, cab to running board, etc.). | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 | I also used Classic Parts products for my restoration. Two years now and no issues on any of the items. | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,281 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,281 | You guys that used the windshield rubber from Classicparts didn't have any trouble with the lower corners bulging out after installation? I did.
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Carl, a new windshield rubber was in some stuff I bought and traded for. Not sure where it come from but the "lip" doesn't lay down in the corner to suit me. Its gotten some better since installation but not good. I suspect it came from "truck shop" seeing as where all the stuff I traded for came from there.
...to keep us on topic. As mentioned my weather stripping is doing just fine from Classic..... and that includes the rear doors of my panel.
Last edited by Achipmunk; 01/25/2014 4:10 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 | The windshield rubber was a little off in the middle as Alvin describes, but the lower corners were OK? Just so you know installing the front/rear windshield rubber is a job best done with and extra set of hands. The how-to videos or direction or search here for topics would be well worth your time, good luck! | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 | I found two different profiles of door weatherstrip ...pic... The one on the right worked best for me. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 1,186 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 1,186 | Which one is correct?
Bruce | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 | I'm not sure Just posting what I found while ordering the rubber. The one on the right was softer, and I think I ordered it from classic parts(chevy duty). I had ordered a second set from Tucker's in Las Vegas after glueing them on wrong. The one on the left came in a box of parts I had. Alan mentions the two types in his tech tip http://www.alanhorvath.com/54chevy/doorubber.php | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | This is my 52 panel. I took a picture holding the weather stripping because just by looking at it glued down its hard to tell which way it is. HOpe this may help someone. http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r19/LutherParris/52Panel/000_0216.jpg | | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 1,001 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 1,001 | You guys that used the windshield rubber from Classicparts didn't have any trouble with the lower corners bulging out after installation? I did. No issue at all. Corners laid down well. On the rear glass, the corners puckered a little on the interior side, but a little heat from a heat gun and some massaging, and all is good...puckering gone. | | |
| |