I love my old engines. As you can see from my videos listed on my Gallery page, all but one are rusty or original paint. I sold the restored one. I love patina.

I'm glad to be here! I just want to educate myself on the '55 so I can figure out what to do with it. I have 4 ideas for it, none of which I favor yet. I have other projects I have to finish first, mainly my '49 Willys. So just kicking ideas around.

My 4 ideas are:

1) Take the complete 4WD drivetrain out of an '83 K20 and put it in and make a smaller, more sporty flat bed

2) Do a resto-mod with a V8 and automatic tranny

3) Combine 1 and 2 to make a 4WD dually, keeping original rear axle.

4) Build a gasser (my dad's idea)

All 4 ideas use the 350 V8 from the K20.

Last edited by Peggy M; 08/29/2023 6:05 PM.

Nate in Western MA
1955 Second Series Chevy
In the Stovebolt Gallery
In the DITY Gallery
1964 K20
In the 60-66 Forum
1965 C30
1972 K20
1983 K10
1985 C20