Hey everyone, been a while since I've posted here. Been busy with another project, restoring a 1949 Willys 3A Forest Service Jeep. That project is finally winding down though, so I'll be able to start on the '55!

(Posted HERE that the Jeep is completed -- Editor)

In the mean time though, I've been doing, what I call "ramping up". I've been gathering parts and figuring out a game plan for the truck. I've got the drivetrain for it, a good running SBC 350 and a 700R4 for it. Also a new set of rear end gears of 4.56 and coupled with the overdrive of the 700R4, the final ratio will be 3.19 or so. I decided that I want to use it for drag racing. I'm going to leave it 2WD and the front is going to keep the stock wheels. I want to make the rear look like the tractor trailers with the double-wide single tire rear wheels.

I'm going to leave the exterior the way it is, but have under the hood all dressed up.

Last edited by Peggy M; 08/29/2023 6:07 PM.

Nate in Western MA
1955 Second Series Chevy
In the Stovebolt Gallery
In the DITY Gallery
1964 K20
In the 60-66 Forum
1965 C30
1972 K20
1983 K10
1985 C20