Originally Posted by tclederman
a nice enough sound to cause a young cop to call in my speeding violation on a country road because "your truck sounded so hot that I thought you might try to run me".

Now that's funny. Do you have a sound clip? My brother is a cop here and once I got busted by one of the guys in his squadron. The traffic guys are always so nice before getting on his Harley and handing me the ticket he said he would tell my brother I said "hi."

Originally Posted by Bishop
There are some videos on utube that have the mellowtones in action if you are interested.

Do you have any links to the videos? Or a sound clip of either one of yours?

Originally Posted by metal shaper
I slpit it 2 and 4 on my dads advice,he was right it had a v8 sound.I have read ,I believe on clifford performance web sight,that these engines sound best with a 2-1/4' pipes and 3" chambered mufflers.

I do not understand so are you using a stock exhaust manifold and then splitting it to run duals? How do you split it 4 times or what did I miss?

Thanks guys

I just emailed the tech support for Flowmaster and Dynomax to see what they say but if you guys have any sound clips minus banjos I would love to hear them. I will post their response. If I can hear one of your guys clips and its close the one I like I will bug you to see what you did and the I will do that . Thanks again


"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my sweet ride." -Amen

56 Chevy 3100