Good info.
After trying all my FLAPS, ordered a 180 thermostat & gasket, should have it installed by the weekend.
The 160 themostat I'm currently running is the same one that was in it when I tore the topend down. It bench tested good so I cleaned it up & reused it.
Since I didn't have any condensation problems until the weather turned cold I'm still holding out on it just being condensation.
If this last fix no workie, then deeper I'll go.....

The head was rebuilt and all gaskets are new. I've got maybe 1k miles on the engine since I got it running but then again, it sat for 44 yrs before hand so something else could have failed since the weather change also.
Other than the valves being louder than I like, this old 216 is running pretty strong on all 6 cylinders. The more I run it the better it runs. Blowby has decreased to acceptable to me and and it's smooth in all gear ranges,especially when downshifting and excelerating out of a turn.
Theres no muck showing up on the dip stick and there wasn't any in the oil filter can when I changed the filter w/the oil change.
We'll see (knock on wood).
Dave