Been following this Gus for a few days now. Sounds to me like
you might have some blow by. Lots of moisture from the
combustion process and if it's leaking past the rings it could
be your moisture problem. I'm sure by now that every one
understands that oil and water emulsion is what creates the
milky scum that we see.
For the first five or six thousand miles I put on my '50, 216 I
too had the milky scum at the draft tube. The engine ran fine
cept for using a lot of oil, (bout a qt. every hundred or so
miles). I even went so far as to hang a diaper on it, actually
it was a catch can that I taped to the tube to catch the muck
and keep it off the floor.
I rebuilt the engine a few thousand miles ago, bored, new
pistons, ground crank, insert rods, balanced, full head rework
and all. Haven't used ANY oil yet between oil changes and
haven't seen a spot of the muck on the floor or draft tube
since then. I've driven it in hot humid and cold freezing
weather for a couple of years now and have always kept a
180° stat in it.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL