slomoe,
That's the reason I wrote that if You like, ok, go for it. We have the right to have what we like. If You like diesels, go ahead, make some research, do your homework properly and You'll be happy. That's the main reason of our hobby.
Down here the situation is just the opposite. Diesel is at around 60% of gas price. So, much cheapper. Gas here goes ar around US$ 2.00 per galon, not so bad in absolute values, but our income is just pornografic stuff. And I do have lotsa V8 around, all gasoline powered just because I love to comutte in a V8 or in the Ram V10. Due to the economic situation, these stuff worths li'l money. Diesel engines are finally getting cheapper, because of smog requirements, some types are going out of use, and some are showing up really cheap at junkyards. But people here just love them and for the money reasons, a diesel pick up truck is still pretty much expensive. No matter brand, body style, or even brand.